Q. I have sudden heart pain when I lift heavy things. Is it good?

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq

I'm 15 years old and sometimes this months I have Been experiencing like a sudden heart pain but goes away very quickly i feel this when I lay down sometimes I think it's just because I keep lifting heavy things,could u guys pls help me because I don't want to trouble my parents because my grandfather is sick and I don't want to be a hassle to them too.

#

Thanks for the query

Such sudden onset and offset of pain in chest is usually due to muscular and skeletal causes, which may be due to trauma. Such pain aggravates with movements and deep breathing. Other such sudden sharp pain is called Precordial Catch Syndrome, which aggravates with inspiration or expiration and is usually on left side. In both cases pain killers help.

Remember, in Precordial Catch, there is no tenderness, where as in case of trauma, tenderness may be present. Anxiety can aggravate Precordial Catch. Avoid it. Simple exercise also help. Sometimes shallow breathing for a minute also relieves the pain and sometimes deep respiration relieves the pain in Precordial Catch Syndrome, on the expense of excruciating pain for period of deep respiration. Hope this answers your concern. Regards

| 

Chest pain since 15 days. ECG & TMT reports are normal. What could be the problem?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am having chest pain since 15 days. My ECG & TMT reports are negative. But still I am suffering with the pain. Please suggest me the appropriate treatment.  Read Full »

Please suggest a medicine for constant chest and neck pain due to smoking.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a smoker and have been smoking for 20 years. I can feel the stress of smoke while I breathe normally. But now I have constant minor chest ache probably in the lungs. I also have been facing a problem of pain in the neck and lower pain. This increases in the night when I am lying ...  Read Full »

I have an anxiety problem from the past 10 years. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, Anxiety is every day of my life. I rarely get small breaks without anxiety. It has been 10 years now. Panic attacks do come. I am taking Xanax 0.5 mg 1 to 3 days. I am a 26 years old male, and my height and weight are 5.9" and 80 kg respectively. Please help.  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»