Q. What are the specific health issues that occur during periods?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

1. What are some health issues that can crop up during the period? Please explain why this might occur, and if there is anything to prevent it?

2. What specific health issues might be more common during the period? How to keep healthier during this time of the month?

Do you have a question on Periods or Hormonal Changes?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

MBBS., MS OBG
Obstetrics And Gynaecology

Usually, periods are associated with abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, body pains, headaches, irritability, lack of concentration, mood swings, susceptibility to allergies, cold. All these symptoms are because of the hormonal changes.

Yoga, lifestyle modifications, deep breathing exercises, plenty of oral fluids, fiber-rich diet, Multivitamin supplements will help you get relief from the symptoms. Avoid smoking, alcohol, caffeine intake, junk, and spicy foods.

Why are my periods delayed after taking the I-pill?
Query: Hello doctor, I got my periods 48 days before. I had an unprotected sex 40 days ago after which I took an I-pill. I had slight bleeding after one week for three to four days. I again had sex 11 days ago during which condom got ruptured. So, I again took an I-pill the same night. I have not got my p...  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be because of hormonal changes due to the pills you have taken. There is nothing to worry about. However, if you have a doubt then get yourself checked by a gynecologist and get a pelvic scan done to rule out the exact cause. Do get back to me with repo...  Read Full »

The pregnancy test was negative, then why did not I get my periods still?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24 years old married woman. My last period was 18th of last month, but I did not get my periods till now. I got a pregnancy test, but it was negative. My hemoglobin is 12. Why did I not get my periods still?  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be because of hormonal changes due to stress and strain, anxiety, work pressure, change of place, change in climate or low blood count. However, if you have doubt, then get yourself checked by a gynecologist and get a blood test for pregnancy done to ensure tha...  Read Full »

My partner is weak after withdrawal bleeding. How to improve her health?
Query: Hello doctor, My partner and I had sex nine days ago. The condom slipped, but its opening was outside and I removed it carefully. But, just to be sure, she had Unwanted-72 immediately after. Today, she had period-like bleeding. Is it a side effect of Unwanted-72 or was it something else?  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be because of hormonal changes due to the pill you have taken. It is a withdrawal bleeding and there is nothing to worry about. So, relax and do not worry. However, if you have a doubt then get back to me. Take care. For more information consult an obstetric...  Read Full »

Ask a Doctor Now