Q. I have sudden muscle pain on the left side of my chest. Is it due to anxiety and B12 deficiency?

Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 30, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jul 24, 2020
Currenlty I am having sudden muscle pain on left side of my chest above and left to nipple wihch makes me Anxious and fearful. No other symptoms are there
I had checked up with Cariologist and found all test normal like ECG, ECHO 2D Cardiography, CT Coronary Angiography and now cardilogist is suggesting to meet Orthopaedic for opinion. My B12 (86.81) and D3(73.4) was deficient. But current cardiologist doctor has not given me any B12 Suppliment, For D3 Uprise 60000 ui capsule per week for 6 weeks and Alternate day Shellcal XT tablets for 6 week.
I am also taking Telma CT 40/6.25 Morning Dose and Metpure Am 2.5 at night daily one tab each.

My question is is this all happening due to Anxiety and B12 Defciency.
#

Thanks for the query I have gone through all your reports and understood your concerns sir. Sir Vitamin B12 deficiency occurs in those who are strict vegetarian, otherwise this deficiency is rare. I would advise to take B12 supplements as well. B12 deficiency leads to megaloblastic anemia and neurological symptoms such as tinglings, numbness in distal extremities. Good to know you don't have cardiac issue. D3 supplements are good, continue. Regarding localized pain, you may consult orthopedics doctor. Avoid anxiety, continue anti hypertensive medicines.

Can you let me know which B12 Supplement should I take , any particular brand.
For D3 I mam taking uprise 60000 ui Per Week one capsule for 6 weeks.
About Shelllcal XT , is this required me to take by seeing my reports. Kindly confirm.
Is there any chance my blood oxygen is going down due to Anemia how can get this tested and when should I go for next test for B12 once I start B12 Supplement.
# Welcome back sir and sorry for late replying

First detect the cause. In strict vegetarians, its most probably due to dietary deficiency. If not vegetarian, then pernicious anemia should be ruled out. Have following tests done:

Intrinsic Factor antibody levels or
Parietal cells antibody levels

CBC to see the size of RBCs

If its dietary deficiency, then take Vitamin B12 1000 micro grams per day orally for one month and then 125 to 500 micrograms per day depending upon levels. In strict vegetarians, maintenance dose should be taken for long. In case of pernicious anemia, also take for life.

Regarding brand, please see in your region which brand is better, confirm from any local pharmacist.

Do you have any neurological symptoms such as foot numbness, tinglings etc?

|