Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. Kindly advise if my dad should go for bypass surgery.

Answered by
Dr. Pramod Bhanudas Narkhede
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 24, 2016

Hi doctor,

The patient is a 62 year old male. He complained of pain in the chest and became unconscious following sweating. We have been advised to do bypass surgery to cure the disease. My father has never had any heart issue so far and now it is a shock to us. Last year too, he had some chest pain, but that all the tests came out to be normal. He is currently on Septran. I have attached the laboratory reports for your reference. Before we make a decision whether to go for bypass surgery we would like to have an expert advice.



Welcome to

  • These blockages were gradually progressed over years to the present state. The patient if diabetic may not get any significant chest pain. He might have tolerated mild intensity pain or chest discomfort due to these blocks till date.
  • Now, the discomfort might be intolerable, so he got diagnosed. Surgical revascularization means bypass surgery and it will be an ideal option for him.
  • We need to check his fitness for surgery and prognosticate the further course prior to surgery.

For further information consult a cardiologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Atherosclerosis: The Silent Killer
I have been having chest pain and palpitations. Can it be coronary artery disease?
I had an MRI for my memory problem. Do you see any abnormalities in it?
Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

Is it safe to undergo a bypass surgery at 70 years of age?

Query: Hello doctor, My dad who is 70 years old, recently had a severe chest pain which started three weeks ago. Since it was of a recurring type, we visited a hospital for a check-up. They initially conducted ECG and then, a 2D echo, after which they said there is a problem but, a minor one and that ...  Read Full »

Which one is better angioplasty or bypass surgery?

Query: Hello doctor,Last week, during night time, my relative developed chest pain and was feeling very uncomfortable. He was taken to a hospital and after tests and preliminary medications, he has been advised to do PTCA to RCA. His age is 51 years old. He has a diabetic history. The reports hav...  Read Full »

I have CT heart artery scan results. I would like it analyzed for blockages.

Query: Hello doctor, I have CT heart artery scan results. I would like it analyzed for blockages. The report says 100 % occluded RCA and some LAD blockage.  Read Full »

Also Read

Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»
I was diagnosed with Celiac disease a year back. Can you suggest any medicine?
Having celiac fromnlast 10 year dignosis recently ayear ago since then i am gluten free still cant absorb food feeling w...  Read more»
My head is shivering from 20 days, and it feels like head trauma. What is the cause?
Hello sir, My head is shivering like anything , feeling like trauma is head. And its start anytime in a day and when s...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Cardiologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.