Q. Kindly advise if my dad should go for bypass surgery.

Dr. Pramod Bhanudas Narkhede
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 05, 2020

The patient is a 62 year old male. He complained of pain in the chest and became unconscious following sweating. We have been advised to do bypass surgery to cure the disease. My father has never had any heart issue so far and now it is a shock to us. Last year too, he had some chest pain, but that all the tests came out to be normal. He is currently on Septran. I have attached the laboratory reports for your reference. Before we make a decision whether to go for bypass surgery we would like to have an expert advice.

#

• These blockages were gradually progressed over years to the present state. The patient if diabetic may not get any significant chest pain. He might have tolerated mild intensity pain or chest discomfort due to these blocks till date.
  • Now, the discomfort might be intolerable, so he got diagnosed. Surgical revascularization means bypass surgery and it will be an ideal option for him.
  • We need to check his fitness for surgery and prognosticate the further course prior to surgery.

For further information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|