Q. Lately, I feel chest and back pain 1 to 2 hours after I eat or at night. Please help.

Dr. Gaurav Pandey
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 01, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 24, 2021

I am a 41-year-old female with a weight of 65 kilograms and a height of five feet six inches. I have chest pain and back pain for few days. Chest pain and back pain usually occurs within one to two hours of eating at night. I do not have fever. I usually have pain for 15 minutes. I feel like I am being choked by the air in my esophagus and my stomach feels bloated. After taking antacids like Kremil-S or Omeprazole, I have some relief. But I feel to have more gas in my stomach. My blood pressure is normal. Is there any alternative medicine that I need to take? I do not have any allergies to medicines. I need medicines that are not harmful to my liver as I was diagnosed with hepatitis B asymptomatic or hepatitis B carrier.

#

You are suffering from chest and back pain. If it happens after eating, then it can be of stomach issue. Apart from Omeprazole and Kremil syrup, you can take Lansoprazole. You can take 30 mg twice a day for seven days. It is ncessary to know the root cause of the problem. You can have a possibility of gastritis, H.pylori (Helicobacter pylori) infection, and ulcer in the stomach or upper part of the small intestine. To rule out the cause, it is good to consult a gastroenterologist. You need to do an endoscopy and tissue sample to check for H.pylori infection. These procedures are usually painless and do not be worried. Maintain your healthy diet. Reduce taking spices and carbonated drinks in your diet. Do some aerobic exercise like yoga and it helps you a lot.

|