Q. My father had pain below the heart which was on the rib side. What is the cause?

Dr. Prashant Valecha
Published on Jul 26, 2018

My father had mild chest pain. The doctor did an angiogram, and they told there is a block in the blood pumping vessel and it is closed. We planned for placing a stent. The next day, the doctor tested again and told the blood vessel is opened and it is normal. So, the stent was not placed. After a few days, my father had pain below the heart which was on the rib side, and he told something is holding in the heart. So, again we went to the cardiologist. The doctor examined him and said he is fine and there is nothing to worry. Whenever he got this pain, we consulted the cardiologist, and he said there is no problem in the heart. He got this pain for about three times till now. Again, we tested for a gastric problem and a neurological problem. That was also fine after the examination. But, still he is experiencing the same pain, and he is willing to do angiogram now. I cannot understand the problem. Please suggest.

Dr. Prashant Valecha

Cardiology General Practitioner
#

Your cardiologist would have done ECG (electrocardiogram), echocardiogram, and TMT (treadmill test). If all these three tests are normal, then the cardiac problem is unlikely to occur. If this pain is not increased during walking or any other physical activity, then it is not from the heart. Usually, heart attack pain increase during physical activity. It can be a muscular, or anxiety or microvascular angina. If he is in discomfort, you can go for an angiogram on your will.

For more information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

Can we prepare to move a patient 24 hours after an angina attack?

Query: Hi doctor, Can we mobilize a patient who had angina 24 hours ago? If he is stable, is it fine to do so?  Read Full »

Can Anxiety And Stress Cause Frequent Urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. I had anxiety issues since childhood. I have been jumping from one idea to another for a long time but it has been three years I have an issue with frequent urination. It started in a bad time for me when I was obsessing that I have HIV. No burning, just sligh...  Read Full »

Why is there mild chest pain although it is not a heart attack?

Query: Hello doctor, My mom had chest pain yesterday evening at 3 PM. It was mild pain on the left side. Today morning she also had mild pain three times. I had contacted a cardiologist yesterday. He asked me to perform an ECG test. After seeing the ECG report, he said there is little issue in ECG line. T...  Read Full »