Q. My 4-year-old kid is active with lack of concentration and aggressive behavior. How to manage him?

Dr. Muhammad Zubayer Alam
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 10, 2020 and last reviewed on: Sep 02, 2020

My 4-year-old baby boy is very active throughout the day and cannot sit or stand for even a second. He always acts like someone in the cartoon and mobile. He will not sleep in the daytime and he has a lack of concentration and sleeping also. He becomes aggressive and often bites and hurts us. How to calm him and build his concentration power and boost his memory too? Please suggest.

#

I can understand your concern. According to your statement, your 4-year-old baby is very active throughout the day, cannot sit or stand for a second, lack of sleep and concentration, very much aggressive and often bites or hurts his parents.

Some medical and mental health conditions can cause hyperactive behavior such as thyroid dysfunction, lack of sleep, anxiety, mental distress etc. The following mentioned tips may help you to calm your child.

Always pay attention to your child. Respond immediately if your child acts aggressively. Praise his efforts. Try to engage in brainstorming puzzles, teach the moral stories, give your child rewards to encourage the productive works, make him responsible for bad deeds, help your child to express himself, cool down and then try to discuss his mistakes that he has already done, stop him watching any type of violent programs, etc.

You can also discuss with a pediatrician or pediatric psychiatrist to exclude any psychological disorders.

|