Q. How should I deal my 8 year old sons's wanking habit?

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

I have an 8-year-old son. Recently, I came home from work and found him wanking in the living room. He saw me standing there, and he was not embarrassed that I caught him. He continued to do it, so I walked away and left him wanking. I have not spoken to him about that on that day. Since from that day he has been wanking in front of me. I do not care if he does it in front of me and he does not bother me. Should I let him continue with this behavior or is it wrong and should I need to speak to him about it?

#

If he is wanking most of the days, in front of you, I do not think this is a healthy child behavior. Abnormal behavior of a child should be addressed at the right time. Your son may or may not understand that it is unusual behavior for his age. A lot of stressors can be a cause for the abnormal action of a child. Try to find out the cause. Yes, you should talk to him more positively. So you will be aware of what is going on in his mind. You can seek an expert opinion as well, clinical psychologist or pediatric psychiatrist for counseling as well as a therapeutic intervention if needed. Behavioral remodeling will help.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|