Q. Is persistent fever an indication of infection?

Dr. Arpit Varshney

I had gone to a wedding. After I came back, my head was burning, but I did not pay attention. But the next morning, it was 101 degrees celsius. I took Crocin and was fine for three hours, but my eyes were burning again, and I was feeling cold. So I went to sleep. Then when I got up, and it was 102 degrees celsius. Again I took Crocin and was fine till night. But the next day, the morning temperature was 104 degrees celsius. My eyes were burning. I had body ache and pain on the right side of my head. I took Dolo, and it started working after two to three hours and was fine for almost the whole day. In the evening, I felt slightly feverish, but it was okay. Now when I get up in the morning, again, the temperature is high. The fever is repeating, it seems. I suffer from bronchitis, so whenever I have a fever, I often suffer from congestion in the chest, heavy cough, and runny nose, but this time I do not have any symptoms but a very mild dry nose. I have my interviews coming up. Kindly help.

#

Thanks for writing in, and I understand your concern.

Since you have a persistent fever, I would suspect an infection in your case. I suggest taking urine routine microscopy and chest X-ray to be done. Apart from this, I suggest taking broad-spectrum antibiotics like tablet Gramocef CV (Cefixime and Clavulanic acid) twice daily. As you have interviews ahead, I also suggest taking tablet Nimesulide 100 mg.

I hope you find the reply helpful.

|