Q. What is wrong with my liver?

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 22, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 11, 2020

I am having some pain in my back. The same thing happened a year before and it was diagnosed to be some liver infection. I had Liv 52 at that time and it got cured. I have attached my recent reports for your reference. Please help with my suffering.

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

#

I had gone through all the reports posted (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• You have chronic hepatitis and we need to find out the cause for that. Chronic hepatitis may progress to cancer and so evaluation is important.
  • Kindly get an ultrasound abdomen to look for liver architecture and hepatitis B and C test.
  • I suggest tablet Ursetor (Ursodeoxycholic acid) 300 mg twice daily for 15 days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • Repeat LFT (liver function tests) after 10 days along with the tests mentioned above.
  • We need to find the definitive cause for hepatitis. If we find one, then we need to give definitive treatment.
  • Do you drink alcohol? Kindly avoid alcohol if any and decrease oil foods.

Revert back after 10 days with the reports to a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|