Q. I have jaw pain, congested ear, and sore throat post dental filling. What should I do now?

Dr. Wajid Hassan

I may have an abscess and I am worried about going into the dentist because of the coronavirus. Currently, I am experiencing an achy jaw and ear congestion on one side, a slightly stiff neck, and a mild sore throat. This comes before one month after a filling repair, and two weeks after I had to go back to get the bite adjustment. It is not debilitating pain, but it is irritating and I am wondering if I can put it off until it is safer to go to the dentist.

#

I can understand the fear you have not to go to the dentist but please do not risk your health because of the fear of coronavirus. There are precautions to that and the dentist will also be taking precautions as the state has already issued guidelines for the doctors.

Regarding your concern, I would advise visiting a dentist as soon as possible to look into and in case you need medication and intervention. If still, you want to avoid, just take over the counter pain killer like Advil and also use Listerine to subside the infection if possible.

Impacted third molar, pericoronitis.

Clinical, x-rays.

Pericoronitis, Impaction.

Pericoronitis.

Oral hygiene and wash away debris and later on surgery may be required.

Eat soft food on the side and strict oral hygiene.

Follow up is important to see infection subsided and no complications.

|