Clomiphene

How long should I take Fertyl M and Hey Forte Plus tablet for infertility?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30-year-old married male. Me and my wife are trying for a baby but not able to concieve. I did semen test, sperm count was 84 million, morphology 60 percent, and 40 percent viable but motility was very low five percent rapid progressive, and 10 percent slow progressive. So the d...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatrist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually, these medications take one sperm cycle (around two months to act). As you have already taken for two and a half months, repeat the semen analysis test to see the improvement. Further course can then be decided accordingly.  Read Full »

Can my smaller testicles get cured with HCG 5000?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 33 years old. My testicles are the size of a grape and I experience low sex drive, and less sperm count. I have used some testosterone when I was about 16 years, the testes have never recovered since. I have been reading a lot and bought some HCG 5000 but I do not know how to use...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Basically, because of exogenous testosterone, your body has stopped production of testosterone from testis resulting in testicular atrophy and hypogonadism. Do you have children? Are you married? I would like you to get a baseline hormonal assay which would help us f...  Read Full »

How to maintain sperm count through treatment?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from hypogonadotropic hypogonadism. I am taking HCG 5000 and HMG 150 injection twice a week. My sperm production has started from azoospermia. We have done IVF and it was successful. My doctor asked to take testosterone injection, but if I take this my sperm production will...  Read Full »

Dr. Deep Dutta

Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. HCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) and HMG (human menopausal gonadotropin) are excellent choices to ensure a good sperm production, which is needed for fertility that you have achieved. However, this treatment combination rarely leads to normal testosterone levels, w...  Read Full »

I am in my 30s and I have PCOS and a high prolactin level. Can I get pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old female. I have PCOS, high prolactin level, my TSH is 4.26 for which I am taking medicine and for prolactin and my AMH is 17. I got pregnant with twins when I was taking 100 mg of Clomid but there was no heartbeat by week 10. I had a few miscarriages two years ago a...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not see any reason for you to worry or panic. I feel you will not only conceive but also have a healthy baby soon. Let me explain it why I feel so one by one. Nowadays, ladies think of having a baby after the age of 30s. Of course, the age above 35 years is ...  Read Full »

How long will it take to correct PCOD and conceive?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a missed abortion one year back and we have been trying for about eight months for the next pregnancy. My period lags regularly for three to four weeks after the abortion. An ultrasound scan showed typical PCOD on both ovaries with 9 mm follicles and have 5 mm endometrial thicknes...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have been prescribed Metformin drug for your case which is prescribed in case of PCOD to decrease glucose level and to regularise the period. If needed, a hormonal pill also can be prescribed. Clomiphene citrate helps in inducing ovulation. So, continue taking t...  Read Full »

No pregnancy nor periods after taking Ferpill. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor,I have taken Ferpill last month. I have not got pregnant or got my periods. Six days passed since my due date. I am not sure what to make out of it. I need help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Ferpill is Clomifene citrate which increases the ovulation chances. So thereby, improving the chances of the egg meeting sperms. You can wait for a max of seven to 10 days. One of the side effects of this pill is that it may slightly reduce the...  Read Full »

What Clomid dose is recommended for a 42-year-old with AMH of 0.35?

Query: Hello doctor,I would like to know what dose of Clomifene citrate (Clomid) would you recommend for a 42-year-old with an AMH of 0.35?  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest apart from FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) and AMH (anti-Mullerian hormone) you do blood tests TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) and prolactin. Clomifene is started at 50 mg daily for five days. If ovulation does not occur then the dose can be increased...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for submucosal fibroid?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having submucosal fibroid over 10 years. Now for the past three months, I am facing irregular bleeding. My urine does not flow in a straight line when the volume is less. Also, I have a small cyst in clitoris which creates occasional itching, once or twice in a month. I am having thi...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For submucus fibroid you can opt for hysteroscopic removal or arterial embolization or MRI-guided focused ultrasound therapy. Because, at 30 I do not think you would like to go for an open surgery. Urine may not come out in straight line if volume is less and force i...  Read Full »

Why do I have brown discharge with mucus before four days of periods?

Query: Hello doctor, A year before, I was getting regular periods. One day before period, I used to get spotting then bleeding for five days. I was on birth control pills. A year ago, I stopped the pills. So from nine months, I am having brown discharge with mucus before four days of periods, then bleedin...  Read Full »

Dr. Sujata Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have not mentioned for how long you took the birth control pills. There are many adverse effects of the pills, which women are not aware of and the doctors are also not telling. This is a side effect of the pills, as pills stop ovulation totally. If one tries t...  Read Full »

I am taking medications for ED with no benefit. Should I go for penile injection therapy?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 35 year old male. I have been suffering from erectile dysfunction and have tried PDE-5 inhibitors. They work, but they do not give results anymore. I quit smoking, a few years ago, when I was diagnosed with ED. My morning erection is also not as strong as it used to be. Many chec...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunadh M Nair

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Penile injections are tried in severe cases of erectile dysfunction (ED). Usually, it is prescribed by a urologist, since tests like penile doppler and others have to be done, to rule out any other issues. It is an option if nothing else works. But again, it is not ver...  Read Full »