Q. I have had two periods in the same month. Why?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 07, 2020

I have had two periods in the same month. The first one was for five days and this one has lasted for six days, but I am still having some blood when I wipe. I do have PCOS and I understand that the period issue could be a result of this. I am feeling unwell and constantly have a headache. The first period was on the 5th and the next one was on the 26th.

#

Irregular cycle is a common manifestation of PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and it is due to hormonal disturbances inside you.

You need some medication to control your cycle as well as your bleeding.

Medications are different according to your need. If you do not want to conceive, a combined hormonal pill is ideal.

But, if you are suffering from subfertility, an ovulation induction with a medicine called Clomifene is ideal. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start the treatment with consent.

PCOS.

Medication.

Weight loss.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Am I taking the right homeopathy medicine for PCOD?

Query: Hello doctor, I am taking Testosterone 30 to reduce testosterone as I am a PCOD patient but the pharmacist told me that it increases testosterone. Please reply. I have taken contraceptives, Metformin and ayurveda treatment for the same. I am undergoing laser treatment for facial hair.  Read Full »

Are irregular periods and the feeling of incomplete bowel emptying related?

Query: Hi doctor, Over the past 3 months, my periods have become irregular. It was regular throughout my life. I faced spotting between periods and had been detected with a submucosal fibroid of 2 cm. For the past 3 months, I feel in the morning after passing bowels, that my bowel has not cleared. This f...  Read Full »

Can PCOS cause irregular periods?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old unmarried woman. Last month my period was irregular. I got my periods on the 30th of last month and it was already 20 days later from the actual due. Initially, I had spotting for five days, then I bled for seven days and again, had spotting for three days. Now, I am bl...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»