Q. I have had two periods in the same month. Why?

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 07, 2020

I have had two periods in the same month. The first one was for five days and this one has lasted for six days, but I am still having some blood when I wipe. I do have PCOS and I understand that the period issue could be a result of this. I am feeling unwell and constantly have a headache. The first period was on the 5th and the next one was on the 26th.

#

Irregular cycle is a common manifestation of PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and it is due to hormonal disturbances inside you.

You need some medication to control your cycle as well as your bleeding.

Medications are different according to your need. If you do not want to conceive, a combined hormonal pill is ideal.

But, if you are suffering from subfertility, an ovulation induction with a medicine called Clomifene is ideal. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start the treatment with consent.

PCOS.

Medication.

Weight loss.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|