Q. I act differently depending on the situations. Why?

Published on Jan 14, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 03, 2019

I feel I have no personality or that I do not know my real personality. I act differently depend on my environment. I am not sure about the reason, but I cannot keep away from it. I often get depressed, feel numb and empty. I am easily hurt and have extreme emotions. I never express them, but I just feel them. I used to cut myself as I could not express my feeling. I am on regular Zyrtec for allergies. Please help.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I read your query and understand your concerns.

• Behaving differently in different situations is entirely normal and definitely, we need to do it as per our social needs.
  • Regarding feeling numb, cutting self, not able to express emotions and to feel depressed could be the presentation of cluster C personality.
  • Having said this, I request you to see a psychologist in person as it will be difficult for anybody to help you with a limited piece of information. I wish you a great health ahead.

For further information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

Postpartum Depression

Article Overview: Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depression. Read Article

Dr. Sneha Kannan

Postpartum Depression Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depress...  Read Article

I am ready to help a sex chat agent by giving her some money. Is it right?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having severe mental problems and I cannot concentrate on anything. I am a civil engineer and working in a private firm. I am married and have one child. I am unable to take my wife with me because of financial issues. My wife got pregnant last year and since then I have stayed alone...  Read Full »

How can I reduce my depression?

Query: Hi doctor, When I wake up from my sleep, I feel empty. I am not willing to do my work. I neglect my study. I always stay alone in my room. I am feeling lonely. I got a breakup. After having a breakup, my depression got worse. I am crying every day for around seven months. I am unable to focus anymo...  Read Full »