Cocaine Abuse

Why do I end with sexual chats about minors after taking Cocaine?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a very unusual problem and quite honestly, I am petrified of the reply. But, I feel I need to talk about it and get a professional outlook on what is going on in my head. I am ashamed to admit that for many years I have had on and off problem with cocaine. I suffer with low self e...  Read Full »

Dr. Roshan Bhad

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, there is no need to be ashamed of yourself. Cocaine addiction is a brain disorder and can be managed with appropriate behavioral and pharmacological interventions. Cocaine is a stimulant drug, which causes euphoria, hyperactivity, disinhibition, sexual arousal a...  Read Full »

Will excess cocaine intake cause nose block followed by hole in nose?

Query: Hi doctor, Over the last year, I took a lot of coke. I am embarrassed and ashamed. It is out of character for me and I broke up with my partner, which cost me my job which I loved. Anyway, I got introduced to it and it made me feel good. It becomes a normal thing to do going out. Anyway, I kept get...  Read Full »

Dr. Nasir Bakhtiar

General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You had complained of a blocked nose and then you developed a hole in your nose which is getting bigger and bigger with time. I would like to know, what was the reason of your blocked nose? Whether it has deviated nasal septum or enlarged turbinates or polyps? What ...  Read Full »

Why did my friend fall sick after cocaine abuse?

Query: Hi doctor, My friend abused weed, alcohol and cocaine in a span of 20 days. Last two days he had cocaine twice, even though that was the first time and did not sleep. Then, he travelled and became sick with 104 degree fever, cough, swollen tonsils and right knee numbness. His blood test result showe...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am very much concerned about acquiring diseases that could be transmitted through contaminated needles namely HIV, hepatitis B and C. He may be exposed to EBV infection (Epstein-Barr virus) or just acute tonsillitis due to strep throat or other viral infection (Influ...  Read Full »

Can cocaine affect sperm?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37 year old male. I had one wild night where we did several lines of cocaine. I have not done it before. And now my wife is pregnant. I have read studies that cocaine use in men prior to impregnation can cause birth defects, etc. Has this one night seven to eight weeks prior cau...  Read Full »

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your dilemma, but be assured a gap of seven to eight weeks is pretty long enough for the drug to be out of our system and cause any damage to your baby. The half life of cocaine is 15 to 50 hours in urine. It is completely excreted out of the system in less t...  Read Full »

Can cocaine abuse cause deviated nasal septum?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently got a septoplasty and my doctor said that I had a deviated septum. The reason for my blockage and congestion was my septum, which was messed up and misaligned. I did, however abuse cocaine four years ago and felt that I caused some erosion. Ever since then my sinus infections i...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Cocaine does not cause deviation or realignment of the septum, but it can cause septal perforation. You will get the feeling of nose block even though it is not and also mucociliary disturbances that is secretions get accumulated in the nose and because of which patient c...  Read Full »

Why does my breathlessness get worse when cocaine wears off?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been taking cocaine once a week for 20 years and on the 1st of last month, I started getting a cough and breathless. It was getting worse when the cocaine wore off. Anyway, I had an ECG which was clear and a 24-hour tape also clear. CT scan on lungs clear. Then I had an ultraso...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, cocaine has got a wide range of effects on the heart. So, hypokinesia means there is some damage to the heart which may be due to cocaine or may be due to coexistent coronary artery disease. So, you will need coronary angiography preferably, conventional and...  Read Full »

How long should my husband and I wait to try for a baby if we did cocaine?

Query: Hello doctor,I am trying to conceive but my husband and I did cocaine a week ago. How long should my husband and I wait to safely continue to try to get pregnant? How long until it is out of our system? How long does cocaine stay in sperm? Thanks in advance.  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Wellcome to iclinq.com. There are few researches/studies on cocaine use by males and its effect on pregnancy. Few suggest that cocaine by itself has limited effects as most of the time it is taken along with other drugs or as a cocktail of alcohol and cigarette (tobacco). So, most of the pe...  Read Full »

I did cocaine two days ago. When can I safely start trying for a baby?

Query: Hello doctor,I took a small amount of cocaine two days ago. I do not take it regularly and the last time I used it was two and a half months ago. My fiancée and I are about to start trying for a baby. I thought that the cocaine would be out of my system in a week, but after research, it looks like ...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? Cocaine is more damaging for the baby if the mother takes it. It is a very good vasoconstrictor, meaning, it will reduce the blood flow to the growing baby and the baby can have a growth restriction. So, it is important that mothers-to-be and pregnan...  Read Full »

My wife has conceived a baby from the act after I had used cocaine. Can this cause problems?

Query: Hi doctor,I stupidly used cocaine at a weekend out and it looks like I conceived a baby with my wife the day after using it. Can this cause any serious harm to the baby? My wife is five months pregnant already and I have been worrying about something bad happening since then.  Read Full »

Dr. Meeta Airen

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. No, it will not cause any harm as it does not have an immediate effect. For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist  Read Full »

Do you think I would have got hepatitis C or HIV?

Query: Hello doctor, I am concerned as I tried cocaine 10 days ago. I used a bank note to snort it but did not share the note with anyone. There was no visible blood, etc. on the note. I had a cut in one of my nostrils and had an open wound. I was feeling unwell before this, but then got flu and cold a day...  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) infection is spread through the exchange of body fluids. Dried blood stains cannot transmit the virus. Artificial things, such as notes in your case cannot help to serve as a focus of infection as the virus cannot survive. You can be ...  Read Full »