Q. My wife has conceived a baby from the act after I had used cocaine. Can this cause problems?

Dr. Meeta Airen

I stupidly used cocaine at a weekend out and it looks like I conceived a baby with my wife the day after using it. Can this cause any serious harm to the baby? My wife is five months pregnant already and I have been worrying about something bad happening since then.

#

• No, it will not cause any harm as it does not have an immediate effect.

For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'it does not have an immediate effect'?

#

• It means that for the drugs to have an effect on sperms, it takes a few days as the sperms are stored in the body. So, if you consumed it just before having sex, it will not affect the pregnancy.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

But, what are the dangers? What is the worst that could happen? And, at what stage of pregnancy can I know if something is wrong?

#

• Generally, if it affects the sperms, then most probably, it will affect the quality of sperms. Pregnancy always occurs with the best quality sperms in nature. So, you do not need to worry.
  • If it is consumed by females during pregnancy, then it may have an adverse effect.

|