Q. My wife has conceived a baby from the act after I had used cocaine. Can this cause problems?

Dr. Meeta Airen

I stupidly used cocaine at a weekend out and it looks like I conceived a baby with my wife the day after using it. Can this cause any serious harm to the baby? My wife is five months pregnant already and I have been worrying about something bad happening since then.

Dr. Meeta Airen

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• No, it will not cause any harm as it does not have an immediate effect.

For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'it does not have an immediate effect'?

Dr. Meeta Airen

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• It means that for the drugs to have an effect on sperms, it takes a few days as the sperms are stored in the body. So, if you consumed it just before having sex, it will not affect the pregnancy.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

But, what are the dangers? What is the worst that could happen? And, at what stage of pregnancy can I know if something is wrong?

Dr. Meeta Airen

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Generally, if it affects the sperms, then most probably, it will affect the quality of sperms. Pregnancy always occurs with the best quality sperms in nature. So, you do not need to worry.
  • If it is consumed by females during pregnancy, then it may have an adverse effect.

| 

Why do I suffer from cold and runny nose every summer?

Query: Hi doctor, During every summer season, I suffer from a cold and runny nose. What can be the reasons?  Read Full »

24 year old Male. How to perform Kegel exercise to improve my sexual life?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old male. I weigh 43 kg and I have problem in having sex. How do I improve my sexual life?  Read Full »