Q. What is the treatment for cold sore in children?

Dr. Sirisha
Published on Sep 30, 2019

Someone with a cold sore kissed my preemie baby, and she has been spitting her bottle out and crying what should I do?

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrics
#

Your baby seems to be on oxygen. You have not mentioned how old is the baby? For how long she has been in the hospital and are there any other problems with the baby. Or was she because she came into contact with a cold sore? Cold sore infection can sometimes lead to contamination of the mouth or lungs, occasionally other organs like brain, etc. It depends on the extent of the spread of infection and the severity.

Being a preemie (preterm birth) always puts babies at risk of disease. Your baby needs injectable antibiotic medication for the cold sores, for a specific duration depending on the extent. If vomiting is because of it, it will gradually subside. If she is spitting up due to other causes, which can happen on the premises, your doctor would explain that. The sores are painful, and some topical applications would be useful to relieve the pain. You can discuss the extant of infection with your treating doctor.

| 

Please suggest ways to control loose motions in a baby.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 1 month old boy baby, his mother died during the delivery. We feed him cow's milk, but he is having loose motions. How to control the loose motions?  Read Full »

Is there any harm to 3 months old baby due to a mobile tower?

Query: Hello doctor, We are living in a building. It has four floors. We are on the third floor. There is a mobile tower on the roof. Is there any harm to the baby and us due to the tower? Please advise us if there is any harm, then what to do? The baby is three months old.  Read Full »

What is the reason for constant crying and improper sleep in a 1-month-old baby?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having a 1-month-old baby and been facing several issues. He is crying a lot even after feeding him properly, burping him, checking his diaper, making him comfortable and ruling out other health issues and having a hard time in consoling him. We have tried pacifiers for him but avoi...  Read Full »