Q. Can excess use of mosquito repellant cause frequent cause and cold in baby?

Dr. Preeti Puranik

I was using a plug-in mosquito repellants for my baby for long, and she often gets cough and cold. Is it because of that? What shall I do?

Dr. Preeti Puranik

Paediatrics
#

Mosquito repellent liquids can cause allergic cold, and cough in some kids. I cannot say definitely if that is the cause of cold and cough in your kid. But in this season, many kids are suffering from viral respiratory tract infections. So the cause may be a viral infection or allergic cold due to other reasons like cold weather, dust, rain, etc.

If you have been using the repellent for a long time and she has not suffered from frequent cold, cough then that may not be the cause. Better take her to the doctor so that cause can be identified. If you have any follow up queries please be clear about the age and weight of your child which are not tallying.

| 

She is four months old.

Dr. Preeti Puranik

Paediatrics
#

You can use Sinarest AF drops 0.5 ml twice a day for cold.

| 

Homeopathic Medicine to Prevent Dengue Fever

Article Overview: Dengue fever is a tropical infection, which can result in fatal hemorrhagic shock. Read about its symptoms, mode of transmission, and homeopathic preventive measures. Read Article

Dr. Potnuru Srinivaasa Sudhakar
Homeopathic Physician

What Is Dengue Fever? Dengue fever is a tropical infection. It is a deadly febrile infection, which causes hemorrhagic shock, so it is crucial to prevent this infection. It is one of the epidemics in India. Dengue is a vector-borne disease transmitted by the bite of an infected Aedes mosquito. Ther...  Read Article

Kindly suggest ayurvedic medicine for cough.

Query: Hello doctor, Since four days, I am having severe cough. What should I do? Please guide.  Read Full »

My son vomits while coughing. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My 3 year old son is suffering from cold and has regular cough. His temperature is normal and he did not have fever. But at times, he is throwing up whatever he eat or drink while coughing. Please suggest any medication and test if required. Thank you.  Read Full »