Q. I am suffering from severe cold, cough, and chest tightness for a month. Is it anything serious?

Dr. Balaji More
This is a premium question & answer published on May 15, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 28, 2020
Hi Sir/Mam, am female @ the age of 23 and my weight is 55 for the height of 160 cm height, for the past one month i have suffering from severe cold(runny nose) and cough, i also felt chest tightness, nasal congestion,sore throat and shortness of breath too. Sometimes i can heard some sounds from my chest while breathing, i can take some oover the encounter medicines.when i will get rid off. And is that anything seriousness!? Looking forward for ur answers soon! Thank you doctor  

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. Balaji More

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Hello, Hope you are doing well. Do you smoke or have allergy to dust? Is the discharge yellow or green, blood stained? Do you have fever or any associated complaints such as headache? Have you been taking any antibiotic? Which over the counter medicines have you been taking? You probably had common cold and now you have secondary bacterial infection with low respiratory tract involvement. You could be having allergic rhinitis, mild asthma and bronchitis. There could be some risk factors which need to be investigated. So you need to be examined physically with some blood test carried out. On confirmation of diagnosis you probably need a course of antibiotics.

Common cold with secondary bacterial infection

CBC, ESR, Hb and Chest x-ray

Allergic rhinitis with secondary bacterial infection and bronchitis

Common cold with secondary bacterial infection and bronchitis

After physical examination and investigations for second opinion

| 

Please suggest ayurvedic medication for infection resistant to antibiotics.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 26 year old male. I was addicted to cold drinks which had been getting me sick (catching a cold) over the past nine years. Doctors treated me with antibiotics such as Amoxicillin, Cloxacillin, Moxifloxacin, Cefpodoxime, Azithromycin, andSporidex which worked very well many ti...  Read Full »

My asthmatic mother's X-ray is negative for TB. What else this could be?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother has asthma as she used to smoke and live near roads. Her X-ray showed that trachea is in the midline, the cardiac shadow is not enlarged, pulmonary vasculatures are not prominent, hemidiaphragm is flattened, costophrenic sulci are blunted, right lower lung infiltrates presen...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for frequent cold with fever and heavy head?

Query: Hello doctor, I get frequent cold, and it will be severe with a fever of 102-103 degrees. My head remains heavy, and I have thick mucus when I blow my nose. I usually get sneeze with a change in outside temperature. Please help.  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now