Q. Why is there severe cold and cough with green color phlegm?

Dr. Sumaiya Jamil

I have a severe cough and cold. When coughing green color phlegm is occurring. I am using Benydryl syrup now.

#

Do you have a fever? Since how long you have these symptoms? A headache? Facial pain? A cough and cold could be viral which will need only symptomatic treatment or if it is severe you might need antibiotics. Treatment includes having a lot of warm water and to avoid cold and sour food or drinks. If you feel your nose is blocked take steam inhalation once or twice a day and saline nasal spray. Analgesics like Paracetamol for fever aches and pains when required. Antihistamine like Cetirizine 5 mg at bedtime. Coamoxiclav (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) twice a day. The dose depends on your weight and age. Have cough syrup containing mucolytic agent like Ambroxol.

|