Q. Can frequent urination, thirst, and numbness in feet and hands point towards diabetes?

Dr. Shazli Naseer

I am 18 years old, my height is 166 cm and my weight is 54 kg. I am a female. I have been feeling symptoms of diabetes like thirst, urination more than usual, extreme hunger, numbness in feet and hands, tingling in my back, hands trembling, blurry vision, my wounds are taking so long to heal like ever, I get tired a lot, and my heart beats so fast and breathe so hard whenever I do some basic activities (like doing my bed) and all that started when one way my alarm turned on, it scared me and I woke up feeling weak, heart beats so fast, breathe hard, headache and feeling like fainting.

#

You are very young and have full symptoms, which is typical of type 1 diabetes where the body is insulin dependent and pills do not work. Your doctor should check for particular laboratory tests for that including C-peptide and insulin levels in your system. If your condition gets worse, and not treated in time, you will have significant kidney damage and loss of vision in eyes in no time. I highly suggest to go to local endocrinologist as soon as you get an appointment.

|