Q. What can be done to conceive again after miscarriage?

Published on Apr 16, 2019

I am 39 years old and I miscarried last year at 14 weeks. I still have not conceived. Should I try a medication?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Was it a missed abortion or a spontaneous miscarriage? Do you have kids now or this was the first pregnancy?

Missed abortion. Yes, I have children, my youngest is 4 years old. I had the Mirena IUD for about three years and it was removed two years back.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Considering your age at 39, and last missed abortion, with a history of natural conception post-Mirena removal, the most likely cause of missed abortion could be age-related possible chromosomal disorder in the embryo, which would have been incompatible with life and hence missed abortion.

However, if you have been trying to conceive again since last 10 months now, it is important to get your hormonal profile done and also antral follicular count with AMH (anti-Mullerian hormone levels) to ascertain the quality and number of eggs available or if the hormones FSH and LH levels are normal or not. Also an ultrasound pelvis would be contributory to assess the status of uterine wall and also the endometrial lining. If all is within normal limits then with medical assistance you should be able to conceive again.

How will miscarriage reflect on dental health?

Query: Hi doctor, I heard something yesterday, and I wanted to know if it is possible. Can having a miscarriage cause your teeth to fall out? What effects will it cause on your body? And how will it reflect on dental health? Thank you for your time.  Read Full »

Counseling for Newlyweds

Article Overview: Do not wait until you have a problem to seek marriage counseling. Counseling can help newlyweds with their communication skills, sexual relationship, and much more. Read Article

Dr. Purushottam Sah
Psychologist Counsellor

Most people enter the marriage life with unrealistic expectations of a dream life influenced by some popular songs and movies. But soon their dreams are shattered and their married life gets ruined before it takes off. Ideally, couples should seek premarital counseling before getting married. Howev...  Read Article

Two consecutive miscarriages have greatly disappointed the family. What to do next?

Query: Hello doctor,I am writing for my daughter, staying away from us, with her husband. She is 30 years, 5 feet 1 inch and 63 kg, working in the IT sector. She is married for the last three years and seriously trying for conception from a year. She missed her period once in the beginning of this year. Du...  Read Full »

Ask an Infertility Specialist Now