Q. How will miscarriage reflect on dental health?

Dr. Honey Nandwani
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 13, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 21, 2021

I heard something yesterday, and I wanted to know if it is possible. Can having a miscarriage cause your teeth to fall out? What effects will it cause on your body? And how will it reflect on dental health? Thank you for your time.

#

• Well, miscarriage does not directly cause dental problems, but hormonal changes do.
  • During pregnancy, hormonal changes can cause gums to swell and enlarge with increased probability of gum and periodontal diseases. So, hormonal changes can be a culprit.
  • If someone suffers an unfortunate miscarriage, then the hormonal changes that were already happening can be further exaggerated.
  • But, does not cause problems to every woman. So, do not worry and consult your gynecologist.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|