Q. How will miscarriage reflect on dental health?

Dr. Honey Arora
Published on Apr 13, 2017

I heard something yesterday, and I wanted to know if it is possible. Can having a miscarriage cause your teeth to fall out? What effects will it cause on your body? And how will it reflect on dental health? Thank you for your time.

Dr. Honey Arora

Dentistry Oral Implantologist
#

• Well, miscarriage does not directly cause dental problems, but hormonal changes do.
  • During pregnancy, hormonal changes can cause gums to swell and enlarge with increased probability of gum and periodontal diseases. So, hormonal changes can be a culprit.
  • If someone suffers an unfortunate miscarriage, then the hormonal changes that were already happening can be further exaggerated.
  • But, does not cause problems to every woman. So, do not worry and consult your gynecologist.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

Kindly give some insight on how everyday habits affect the teeth.

Query: Hi doctor, What are the everyday habits that could affect our teeth? I want to get some insight on how certain practices such as smoking, biting nail, opening things with the mouth, etc., affect the teeth.  Read Full »

Why is my hair thinning and losing volume after delivery?

Query: Hello doctor, After delivery, my hair is thinning in the front part and lost my volume. Could you please suggest any tablets to regain density?  Read Full »

I have an upper jaw pain and cannot close my mouth. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor,From my left front tooth, all the way to the back of my teeth on top hurt. I cannot close my mouth and it feels like the pain is going up into the bone under my nose. What could that possibly be?  Read Full »