Q. What prenatal vitamins can be taken for conception in low progesterone patients?

Dr. Uzma Arqam
Published on Apr 03, 2018

I want to ask about the prenatal vitamins that I can take for conception, considering the case of low progesterone level. The laboratory tests performed were progesterone 0.19 ng/ml, testosterone 1.10 ng/ml, LH 17.26 miu/ml, FSH 21.11 miu/ml, and prolactin level.

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Preconception vitamin that has been advised universally is Folic acid 0.4 gm per day for normal ladies who wish to conceive and not have any chronic disease like epilepsy (need 5 gm per day) before conception. You did not mention which day of menstrual cycle you did the investigations. That also affects the results. How long have you been trying to conceive? Have you been on any medications or treatment for primary or secondary infertility or had an ultrasound? Your weight is a bit towards higher side, so better to have a healthy diet with daily exercise to reduce some weight as it increases chances of conception. Have regular sex activity in fertile period 8 to 13 days of the regular menstrual cycle. If cycles are not regular, consult again with full history and laboratory reports on the second day of menstrual cycle (serum testosterone, serum insulin, FSH (follicular stimulating hormone), LH (luteinizing hormone), prolactin, thyroid function test, and transvaginal ultrasound).

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Please give some advice on HRT for male to female transition.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 28 year old transwoman. I am looking forward to start HRT. I need some advice from you to start on HRT for male to female transition. Thank you.  Read Full >>

Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Do you need to know what medications to be taken for HRT (hormone replacement therapy)? Do you like to know about the fitness or investigations before starting HRT? Or are you asking¬†for the safety? Do let me know what you want to know exactly. Revert back with the answe...  Read Full

How to reduce weight through yoga?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old obese boy. My weight is 110 kg and I feel myself unfit. I want to start practicing yoga for weight loss. But, I do not know anything about yoga. I want to know, how to meditate and relax our body and mind?  Read Full >>

Dr. Omnath Alvoor
Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per the data your weight is too high for an individual. You need to rebuild your lifestyle by giving time to exercise and yogic techniques. Especially fast rounds of suryanamaskara will help you with your problems. Start slowly and day by day increase the speed of prac...  Read Full

Why am I not able to lose weight even after dieting?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old and I started dieting early last year. But it seems like my weight plateaued. I have been eating a low carb diet during weekdays and on Sundays, I eat the carbs that I want to eat. I work out 3 to 4 times a week. I sometimes sleep late. I have been on this schedule f...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, eating only low carbohydrate will not help. Follow a protein-rich, low carbohydrate, a fiber-rich diet that will fulfill the purpose. Have three small meals per day with lots of water. You can cheat sometimes with healthy junks. Exercise regularly with walk in ...  Read Full