Q. Please check the image and tell me what I can do about my kid's eye infection.

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

My three-year-old daughter got some infection in her eyes since yesterday and trying to rub her eye. There is some discharge also coming from the corner of the eyes. Picture is attached.

#

I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

It appears to be a case of conjunctivitis with associated nasolacrimal duct infection.

• Start Vigamox (Moxifloxacin) eye drops six times a day both eyes.
  • Tobramycin eye drops four times a day both eyes.
  • Carboxymethylcellulose plus Naphazoline eye drop six times a day.

All this for seven days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.

You have to perform nasolacrimal duct massage with your thumb and index finger of right hand place them over the portion where the nasal skin is meeting eyes, that is, corner of one's eye and gently push down.

Please maintain good hygiene of your as well as patient's hand.

Do wash your hands before and after instilling drops and massage.

Get well soon.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

But, my daughter is 3 years old. I hope I can give all these medicines considering her age. I hope it is nothing serious.

#

Yes, all these meds are safe for the pediatric age group.

|