Q. My left eye keeps watering. Is there any treatment apart from surgery?

Dr. Rajesh Deshwal
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 25, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 02, 2021

My left eye is watering and having difficulty in reading. I am facing this problem since 18 months. Several eye drops and ointments were used with any positive result. I had the same problem before 10 years, and it was cured with some injection. Now, after consulting three specialists, they recommended for surgery. Is there any other treatment apart from surgery?

#

• It is probably blockage of nasolacrimal duct, which cannot be opened up with drugs.
  • Surgery is the only option. Please get it done. There is nothing major. Best wishes.

For further doubts consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|