Q. How can I get constipation cured?

Dr. Vedprakash Verma
Published on Aug 25, 2018

I am suffering from constipation for three years. Even after trying a lot of medicines I am not getting it fixed. Please give me the solution.

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

#

I have seen all your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), USG reports, blood reports, serum vitamin D reports. All reports are suggestive to be normal. Vitamin D level is also normal. Most probably you are suffering from irritable bowel syndrome. Kindly follow the following advice:

1. Stop Calcium and Vitamin D capsule.
  2. Avoid alcohol and smoking, if you are habitual.
  3. Reduce meat and oil products from your meal.
  4. Take a lot of water with green vegetables and salad in the diet.
  5. Increase legume, pulses, and soybean in your diet.

For more information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

Can chronic constipation cause prostatitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I have been suffering from bladder and lower back pain for about six months now. I have been to the doctor several times and each time the test was negative for infection. I used to get relief from symptoms once I take the antibiotics, but the pain will recur. I do no...  Read Full >>

Dr. Gopinath
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you suspect the symptoms might be due to chronic prostatitis or a similar entity chronic prostatic pain syndrome. It needs a per rectal examination. Per rectal examination is not that painful as you suspect. Urine culture after a per rectal examination will turn to ...  Read Full

Can constipation be related to high sugar levels?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 53-year-old female. I had gestational diabetes and 11 years later my sugar levels were high so started taking Glycomet. However, the fasting sugar level in the morning is always high and PP is less than fasting. Recent HbA1c is 6.9. Do I have to continue medicine? I walk daily ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hi, Welcome to iclinq.com. Diabetes is not curable but controllable. The first line in the management of type 2 diabetes is lifestyle modifications. Fasting should not be higher than 110, postprandial should not be higher than 140, and HbA1c should not be higher than 7.5. My advice: Healthy di...  Read Full

Why do I have pellet-like stools and bloating from few months?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 17 year old female. My weight is 140 kg and height 5'4". I need your guidance and advice on something that has been going on for a very long time. In the past, I have been a vegetarian, paleo, vegan, etc. And I am currently a vegan because I feel it is the right thing to do. ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). It is a benign disorder, requiring only supportive management to regularize bowel habits. This disorder occurs in many people these days (10 to 30 % population are affected by this). This condition is aggravated by low fiber intake...  Read Full