Flatulence

How to control farts?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 19-year-old student. I fart more than 100 times a day. I am not able to go to college regularly, and I might get detained. How to control farts? Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query, and I understand your problem. Go for long walks. There is a possibility that something in your diet is not suiting you. Maybe you are on a high protein diet. You can try tablet Unienzyme (Fungal diastase, Papain, and Activated charcoal). If poss...  Read Full »

What makes a person fart and go to the toilet many times a day?

Query: Hi doctor,I have some symptoms like going to the toilet several times a day and farting many times a day. It has influenced my life. I have this issue for many years. What to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is common to have farts and burping. These are normal processes of the body by emitting gas produced in the small bowel. Excessive gas is produced due to two main reasons. The reasons are carbohydrate maldigestion and dysbiosis. Approximately, carbohydrate is the...  Read Full »

How to treat flatulence, urinary incontinence, abdominal pain, and restlessness?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 30-year-old male with a height of five feet six inches. I have flatulence and urinary incontinence. Along with it, I have abdominal pain and restlessness. I am not taking any medications.   Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Production of gas and feeling of fullness is a normal phenomenon of the human body. One cannot shut down gas production completely as it has its own disadvantages. But gas production can be reduced to lead a comfortable life. Gas is produced b...  Read Full »

Why does my vagina let out air that sounds like a fart?

Query: Hi doctor,I gave birth to a 3.2-kilogram baby boy through C-section. I had a small cut and it was stitched and healed. It has been four months now. My vagina seems to have a fart. It happens during day time. But now it comes at night too. I am stressed and worried. What can be done?   Read Full »

Dr. Vidyaprem

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. First of all, it is important to know that gas from the vagina is referred to as a queefing or vaginal fart. It is not pathology because the vagina holds air and during rigorous act or coitus or due to strenuous work or exercise, it passes...  Read Full »

Why do I get random sharp pains in my stomach?

Query: Hello doctor, My 13-year-old son is suffering from major stomach aches for about a year now. We have tried several different OTC medications as told by his pediatrician. He recently had a colonoscopy and endoscopy done, which revealed that he is lactose intolerant. The pain is sporadic and not ever...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumeet Sharma

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Long-standing pain in the abdomen without any added symptoms like weight loss, nausea, recurrent diarrhea, or excessive flatulence can be stress-induced. But before labeling the pain as stress-induced, all the organic causes need to be ruled out. A thorough physical ...  Read Full »

Why do I often have bloated stomach and burp after eating or drinking?

Query: Hello doctor, I am going tomorrow to get retested for H.pylori. I have been off medicines for two weeks and still having a bloated, distended stomach, burping after eating or drinking, and some flatulence. I am wondering why I still have a bloated stomach? Maybe I should see obstetrics and gynecolo...  Read Full »

Dr. Arbab Muhammad Kashif Khan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Can you please answer a few of my questions: 1. Which test did you do for H.pylori? Please share the report if possible. 2. Did you get any treatment for H.pylori? If yes, then which medicine did you use? 3. Since how long you feel such symptoms? Is there any change ...  Read Full »

Is manual evacuation of feces safe?

Query: Hi doctor, I woke up Tuesday and had mild diarrhea for about an hour. The next day I had constipation, and rest of the week, I had some mild diarrhea. I still feel constipated, and I am flatulent. I feel bloated. I took stool softeners and magnesium citrate. I did have watery diarrhea afterward, I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like chronic constipation. When you have impacted stools, a little bit of the watery stool percolates over the hard stool, but it does not clear your bowel. Manual evacuation is not a good idea, and it can cause local trauma and then worsen constipation. You ca...  Read Full »

Why do I fart so much and have changes in bowel movement?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel very gassy every day and fart so much. I sometimes feel bloated, but I have noticed that I always have either diarrhea or feel constipated. I tend to eat a fair bit of food as I am trying to gain muscle and weight at the gym. My usual day would consist of around 7 Weet-Bix mixed ...  Read Full »

Dr. Asad Ijaz Malik

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like your bowel moments changed due to your enriched protein diet and other food. Therefore, it is causing bloating and change in bowel movements. It would help if you made your diet balanced. Use protein and other stuff in a balanced way and avoid excessiv...  Read Full »

What could be the cause of flatulence at a young age?

Query: Hello doctor, i am 18 year old. I didn't have any gas problem. But when i became 17 i started to experience heavy gas problem. The main problem was flatulence. As i am a student it is a great problem for me. During this 1 year i consulted some doctor and had medicine for acidity. But still no cha...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello dear. I welcome you to icliniq. I can understand your concern, and can imagine how much upset you are about your problem which is ongoing for a year now. Look, the gas is a normal to produce inside our bowel, however excessive gas can cause trouble. And once the gas is formed particularly H...  Read Full »

I have stomach pain and swollen ankles. What could be the problem?

Query: Hello Doctor, Since 1 month I have been suffering from stomach problem. Whenever I eat something, I immediately have stomach pain and pass stools. There is swelling in both the ankles. I feel weak. What could be the problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi,  Welcome to icliniq.com. The stomach ache may be due to peptic ulcer. If the pain increases after consuming food, then the location of ulcer is in the stomach. Hence, such patients hesitate to eat food despite hunger. On the other hand, if the abdominal pain is seen before food and the pain su...  Read Full »