Flatulence

Will lactose intolerance likely to cause frequent gas formation?

Query: Hello doctor, I get gas when I eat anything and I mostly notice it when I am in a quiet room because I get nervous and try to hold it in. I have to pass stools every morning to get it out of my system as best as I can. This sounds gross but it has been bothering me for three and a half years. I thi...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data you have posted. Sorry that you are going through all this. Some points to be made clear are if you were congenitally lactose intolerant these symptoms would have been severe during childhood, as they are for three years this conditio...  Read Full »

What causes cough, vomiting, and flatulence in a 3 years old baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My girl baby is 3 years old and weighs 17 kg. She does not eat properly and will not have any alternative food also. She has vomiting, for three days and vomited once or twice. She has flatulence and cough for two days.  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash Nagar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand the concern of a mother regarding a child who is not eating. Presently she is having a mild cough, which can be due to a mild sore throat or common cold and she might be vomiting due to this illness. The weight of the child is very good so do not w...  Read Full »

Can Rabium be used for a long time?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 47 years old. She takes Rabium 20 mg tablet daily and it gives her relief in her health problem. I just wanted to know whether this medicine is safe on daily basis. Does this cause any side effects? Is it safe for my mom to take it for a long time?  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No problem in using it for a long time. If she suffers from any side effects, then she should stop it. The side effects may include nausea, abdominal pain, constipation, flatulence and diarrhea. She needs to take the following precautions while taking Rabium (Rabepraz...  Read Full »

Kid has flatulence, digestion problem, and stomachache after eating. Please suggest some medicine.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 6-year-old child. She has flatulence, digestion problem, and stomachache after eating. Today, her stool was like mucus. Please suggest some medicines. Currently she is on Neopeptine.  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Parmar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Please do not give milk products for the time being. Kindly consult your doctor to discuss the suggestion and take the treatment with consent. 1. Syrup Rantac 5 ml (Ranitidine) twice a day for five days. 2. Econorm sachets (Saccharomyces ...  Read Full »

Why am I having pain after eating pulse post appendix surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, My appendix was operated (open surgery) five months ago. I ate pulse one week ago and I feel little pain in this area. Can this wound be cured?  Read Full »

Dr. Mahwish

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A pulse or legume, that has a specific kind of sugar called oligosaccharide which cannot be broken down by the human body on its own. For breaking of these oligosaccharides, bacteria in intestines come into action and break these sugars by fermentation and as a resul...  Read Full »

I feel bloated and get loose motion just after eating food. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, Whenever I sit or lay down to rest or sleep just after taking food I get loose motion. Often, it is mucus loose motion and high headache. Also, I get vomit. What is my problem? What treatment should I take for this?  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Urge to defecate following the intake of food is a common digestive complaint and it in most cases is due to physiological causes. Due to gastrocolic reflex whenever your stomach is stretched it stimulates the colon and leads to passing stools. But, however, if the sam...  Read Full »

Can you explain the conditions which cause right lower abdominal pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having mild pain in my mid and right lower abdomen region. When I press, I can feel some gas moving inside. I poked it continuously. I am also burping and passing gas. My doubts are, is the pain due to gas? Or did my constant poking worsen it? Or is it something serious like appendi...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to assure you do not worry as everything is going to be fine if proper care and treatment is opted in for. I have thoroughly gone through your case history and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and can well understand your genuine health conc...  Read Full »

How can loose stools and a lot of gas released from the anus be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, Since last one year, I am having loose stools with a lot of gas released from the anus. Motion is not cleared fully. There is a burning sensation in stomach and somewhere in the intestines. There is a huge rambling in the stomach, especially in the evening hours. The doctor ...  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The present symptoms look more likely due to constipation.  I suggest you follow these measures: Avoid constipating foods like maize-based foods, junk foods, baked ones etc. Keep yourself well hydrated with two to three liters of water a day in various ...  Read Full »

I have stomach pain and swollen ankles. What could be the problem?

Query: Hello Doctor, Since 1 month I have been suffering from stomach problem. Whenever I eat something, I immediately have stomach pain and pass stools. There is swelling in both the ankles. I feel weak. What could be the problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi,  Welcome to icliniq.com. The stomach ache may be due to peptic ulcer. If the pain increases after consuming food, then the location of ulcer is in the stomach. Hence, such patients hesitate to eat food despite hunger. On the other hand, if the abdominal pain is seen before food and the pain su...  Read Full »

How to get rid of bloating and constipation from taking Venlafaxine?

Query: Hello doctor, I suffer from anxiety disorder. I am currently on Venlafaxine. I have issues with bloating and constipation. I am physically active as I go to the gym. However, stomach bloating has been a frustration. There are days it soothes and days it gets worse. From previous screenings, the doc...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Both your symptoms of constipation and sweating are likely as a result of Venlafaxine. It is a known and relatively common side effect. So, you should request your doctor to change it to a different medicine like Ciplar LA (Propranolol) or Alprax (Alprazolam). Bloati...  Read Full »