Flatulence

What makes a person fart and go to the toilet many times a day?

Query: Hey doctor how do you do? To be honest am not fine !! When we come to ma point i have a symptoms like going to toilet many times in a day and also farting much times in a day(over 100 times ). Am from poor family Once I tried in hospital but because of money I Can't continued .It tooks many ye...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I welcome you to icliniq. I am sorry to hear that you have been such distressful times. I really hope with the following advise your problem solve for rest of your life. Well you it is not uncommon to have fart and burping. Since these are the normal.process of body of emitting gases which...  Read Full »

How to treat flatulence, urinary incontinence, abdominal pain, and restlessness?

Query: Flatulence and urinary incontinence. Abdominal pain and restlessness, No medicine. Male 30, 5.6 height  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. Good day. I appreciate you seeking medical help via icliniq. I have your query. So to answer to your query I want you to understand production of gas and feeling of fullness is more or less a normal phenomenon of human body. One can not completely shut down the gas production since it has it...  Read Full »

Why does my vagina let out air that sounds like a fart?

Query: Hi Doctor, I gave birth normally to a 3.2 kg baby boy however with a small cut that was stitched and healed. Its now coming to four months ever since I gave birth. My problem is that my vagina let's out air almost like a fart though not smelling. It could happen even during day time when I had ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vidyaprem

Answer: dear!! welcome to iclinq! saw your concern!! I can understand you completely... first of all make it clear that gas from vagina is ( queefing / vaginal fart) NOT a pathology!!!! it's because the roomy vagina holds air and during the rigorous act of coitus or ant bit strenuous work or excersises i...  Read Full »

I have frequent flatulence with irregular bowel movements. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old. I was diagnosed with non-ulcer dyspepsia seven years back. Was treated with probiotics and it helped a little bit. Now my complaint is frequent flatulence (foul smelling) and irregular bowel movements (sit 3 to 4 times daily with only 1 episode of almost complete de...  Read Full »

Dr. Jagdish Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like IBS symptoms. You need medicine along with some lifestyle changes. Continue Escitalopram and Isabgol. Take tablet Rifagut 550 mg twice daily, tablet Normaxin twice daily, tablet Esomac 40 mg once daily before breakfast, tablet Folvite 5 mg once daily.  Read Full »

Will lactose intolerance likely to cause frequent gas formation?

Query: Hello doctor, I get gas when I eat anything and I mostly notice it when I am in a quiet room because I get nervous and try to hold it in. I have to pass stools every morning to get it out of my system as best as I can. This sounds gross but it has been bothering me for three and a half years. I thi...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data you have posted. Sorry that you are going through all this. Some points to be made clear are if you were congenitally lactose intolerant these symptoms would have been severe during childhood, as they are for three years this conditio...  Read Full »

What causes cough, vomiting, and flatulence in a 3 years old baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My girl baby is 3 years old and weighs 17 kg. She does not eat properly and will not have any alternative food also. She has vomiting, for three days and vomited once or twice. She has flatulence and cough for two days.  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash Nagar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand the concern of a mother regarding a child who is not eating. Presently she is having a mild cough, which can be due to a mild sore throat or common cold and she might be vomiting due to this illness. The weight of the child is very good so do not w...  Read Full »

Can Rabium be used for a long time?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 47 years old. She takes Rabium 20 mg tablet daily and it gives her relief in her health problem. I just wanted to know whether this medicine is safe on daily basis. Does this cause any side effects? Is it safe for my mom to take it for a long time?  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No problem in using it for a long time. If she suffers from any side effects, then she should stop it. The side effects may include nausea, abdominal pain, constipation, flatulence and diarrhea. She needs to take the following precautions while taking Rabium (Rabepraz...  Read Full »

Kid has flatulence, digestion problem, and stomachache after eating. Please suggest some medicine.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a 6-year-old child. She has flatulence, digestion problem, and stomachache after eating. Today, her stool was like mucus. Please suggest some medicines. Currently she is on Neopeptine.  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Parmar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Please do not give milk products for the time being. Kindly consult your doctor to discuss the suggestion and take the treatment with consent. 1. Syrup Rantac 5 ml (Ranitidine) twice a day for five days. 2. Econorm sachets (Saccharomyces ...  Read Full »

Why am I having pain after eating pulse post appendix surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, My appendix was operated (open surgery) five months ago. I ate pulse one week ago and I feel little pain in this area. Can this wound be cured?  Read Full »

Dr. Mahwish D Abbasi

General Practitioner, Family Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A pulse or legume, that has a specific kind of sugar called oligosaccharide which cannot be broken down by the human body on its own. For breaking of these oligosaccharides, bacteria in intestines come into action and break these sugars by fermentation and as a resul...  Read Full »

I feel bloated and get loose motion just after eating food. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, Whenever I sit or lay down to rest or sleep just after taking food I get loose motion. Often, it is mucus loose motion and high headache. Also, I get vomit. What is my problem? What treatment should I take for this?  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Urge to defecate following the intake of food is a common digestive complaint and it in most cases is due to physiological causes. Due to gastrocolic reflex whenever your stomach is stretched it stimulates the colon and leads to passing stools. But, however, if the sam...  Read Full »