Flatulence

What could be the cause of flatulence at a young age?

Query: Hello doctor, i am 18 year old. I didn't have any gas problem. But when i became 17 i started to experience heavy gas problem. The main problem was flatulence. As i am a student it is a great problem for me. During this 1 year i consulted some doctor and had medicine for acidity. But still no cha...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello dear. I welcome you to icliniq. I can understand your concern, and can imagine how much upset you are about your problem which is ongoing for a year now. Look, the gas is a normal to produce inside our bowel, however excessive gas can cause trouble. And once the gas is formed particularly H...  Read Full »

I have stomach pain and swollen ankles. What could be the problem?

Query: Hello Doctor, Since 1 month I have been suffering from stomach problem. Whenever I eat something, I immediately have stomach pain and pass stools. There is swelling in both the ankles. I feel weak. What could be the problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi,  Welcome to icliniq.com. The stomach ache may be due to peptic ulcer. If the pain increases after consuming food, then the location of ulcer is in the stomach. Hence, such patients hesitate to eat food despite hunger. On the other hand, if the abdominal pain is seen before food and the pain su...  Read Full »

How to control farts?

Query: hi! i am 19 year old student. i fart more than 100 times a day. i can't go college regularly and i might get detained. how to control farts. help me  Read Full »

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, welcome to our site. Read your query. That is a very significant question and i appreciate your problem. I will try my best to answer your query take long walks. there is a possibility that something in your diet is not suiting you maybe you are on high protein diets you can try tab un...  Read Full »

What makes a person fart and go to the toilet many times a day?

Query: Hey doctor how do you do? To be honest am not fine !! When we come to ma point i have a symptoms like going to toilet many times in a day and also farting much times in a day(over 100 times ). Am from poor family Once I tried in hospital but because of money I Can't continued .It tooks many ye...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I welcome you to icliniq. I am sorry to hear that you have been such distressful times. I really hope with the following advise your problem solve for rest of your life. Well you it is not uncommon to have fart and burping. Since these are the normal.process of body of emitting gases which...  Read Full »

How to treat flatulence, urinary incontinence, abdominal pain, and restlessness?

Query: Flatulence and urinary incontinence. Abdominal pain and restlessness, No medicine. Male 30, 5.6 height  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. Good day. I appreciate you seeking medical help via icliniq. I have your query. So to answer to your query I want you to understand production of gas and feeling of fullness is more or less a normal phenomenon of human body. One can not completely shut down the gas production since it has it...  Read Full »

Why does my vagina let out air that sounds like a fart?

Query: Hi Doctor, I gave birth normally to a 3.2 kg baby boy however with a small cut that was stitched and healed. Its now coming to four months ever since I gave birth. My problem is that my vagina let's out air almost like a fart though not smelling. It could happen even during day time when I had ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vidyaprem

Answer: dear!! welcome to iclinq! saw your concern!! I can understand you completely... first of all make it clear that gas from vagina is ( queefing / vaginal fart) NOT a pathology!!!! it's because the roomy vagina holds air and during the rigorous act of coitus or ant bit strenuous work or excersises i...  Read Full »

I have frequent flatulence with irregular bowel movements. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old. I was diagnosed with non-ulcer dyspepsia seven years back. Was treated with probiotics and it helped a little bit. Now my complaint is frequent flatulence (foul smelling) and irregular bowel movements (sit 3 to 4 times daily with only 1 episode of almost complete de...  Read Full »

Dr. Jagdish Singh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like IBS symptoms. You need medicine along with some lifestyle changes. Continue Escitalopram and Isabgol. Take tablet Rifagut 550 mg twice daily, tablet Normaxin twice daily, tablet Esomac 40 mg once daily before breakfast, tablet Folvite 5 mg once daily.  Read Full »

Will lactose intolerance likely to cause frequent gas formation?

Query: Hello doctor, I get gas when I eat anything and I mostly notice it when I am in a quiet room because I get nervous and try to hold it in. I have to pass stools every morning to get it out of my system as best as I can. This sounds gross but it has been bothering me for three and a half years. I thi...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the data you have posted. Sorry that you are going through all this. Some points to be made clear are if you were congenitally lactose intolerant these symptoms would have been severe during childhood, as they are for three years this conditio...  Read Full »

What causes cough, vomiting, and flatulence in a 3 years old baby?

Query: Hello doctor, My girl baby is 3 years old and weighs 17 kg. She does not eat properly and will not have any alternative food also. She has vomiting, for three days and vomited once or twice. She has flatulence and cough for two days.  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash Nagar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand the concern of a mother regarding a child who is not eating. Presently she is having a mild cough, which can be due to a mild sore throat or common cold and she might be vomiting due to this illness. The weight of the child is very good so do not w...  Read Full »

Can Rabium be used for a long time?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 47 years old. She takes Rabium 20 mg tablet daily and it gives her relief in her health problem. I just wanted to know whether this medicine is safe on daily basis. Does this cause any side effects? Is it safe for my mom to take it for a long time?  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. No problem in using it for a long time. If she suffers from any side effects, then she should stop it. The side effects may include nausea, abdominal pain, constipation, flatulence and diarrhea. She needs to take the following precautions while taking Rabium (Rabepraz...  Read Full »