Q. Why do I feel softening around anal area?

Dr. Rajesh Kumar Padhan
This is a premium question & answer published on May 07, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 19, 2020

For the past six days, I feel softening continuously around the anal area when I walk. Now, I am suffering from slight constipation. I have no hemorrhoids and no staining in the undergarment. I have no blood in the stool and no pain in the anal area and also on bowel movement. Then why do I feel so? Please help.

#

• Take Lactifiber powder three teaspoons in half a glass of milk once daily after food for 15 days.
  • Do a sigmoidoscopy to check for piles.

Functional constipation.

Sigmoidoscopy.

1. Avoid constipation.
2. Avoid non-vegetarian foods and take lots of green vegetables.

Revert back after sigmoidoscopy to a medical gastroenterologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

I do not have piles. For rectum and colon checkup, is abdomen ultrasound test best in place of sigmoidoscopy? I do not want to get sigmoidoscopy.

#

• For rectum and colon examination, colonoscopy or sigmoidoscopy is the best.
  • Ultrasound abdomen is not helpful.
  • Take the above suggested medicine for 15 days, if not improved then go for sigmoidoscopy.

Revert back after the test to a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

|