Q. Why do I feel softening around anal area?

Dr. Rajesh Kumar Padhan
This is a premium question & answer published on May 07, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 19, 2020

For the past six days, I feel softening continuously around the anal area when I walk. Now, I am suffering from slight constipation. I have no hemorrhoids and no staining in the undergarment. I have no blood in the stool and no pain in the anal area and also on bowel movement. Then why do I feel so? Please help.

Dr. Rajesh Kumar Padhan

Medical Gastroenterology
#

• Take Lactifiber powder three teaspoons in half a glass of milk once daily after food for 15 days.
  • Do a sigmoidoscopy to check for piles.

Functional constipation.

Sigmoidoscopy.

1. Avoid constipation.
2. Avoid non-vegetarian foods and take lots of green vegetables.

Revert back after sigmoidoscopy to a medical gastroenterologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

| 

I do not have piles. For rectum and colon checkup, is abdomen ultrasound test best in place of sigmoidoscopy? I do not want to get sigmoidoscopy.

Dr. Rajesh Kumar Padhan

Medical Gastroenterology
#

• For rectum and colon examination, colonoscopy or sigmoidoscopy is the best.
  • Ultrasound abdomen is not helpful.
  • Take the above suggested medicine for 15 days, if not improved then go for sigmoidoscopy.

Revert back after the test to a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

| 

Suggest permanent homeopathy treatment for piles.

Query: Dear doctor, I am suffering from piles. Taking aloes and Aesculus daily. It completely disappeared after taking this for 14 days. But it came back again when I was travelling long distance by car. How to cure it permanently? Suggest some homeopathy medicines.  Read Full »

How can I manage chronic idiopathic constipation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 69-year-old male with 74 kg weight (constant for 45 years), 174 cm height, BMI 24 and nondiabetic. My blood pressure is under control, i.e., 130/70 mmHg with Temsan 40 mg one tablet a day and Metolar 25 two tablets a day. CBC, urea, creatinine, urine reports are all normal. Che...  Read Full »

CKD patient with high phosphorus content. Is dialysis required now?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is suffering from CKD for the past one year. His creatinine level is 11.05, urea is 144 and uric acid is 5.10. He has no swelling or breathlessness, but his phosphorus content is high 5.80. We have not started the dialysis at the moment. Could you please guide the right wa...  Read Full »