Q. Why do I have to strain too much to pass stools?

Dr. Arup Majumdar
This is a premium question & answer published on May 28, 2020 and last reviewed on: Apr 21, 2021

I am suffering from constipation, small stools. It is very hard to poop. I am straining but not too much.

#

Your symptoms seem to be related to chronic constipation. Some recommendations to help relieve your constipation. Drink two to four additional glasses of water a day. Maintain a strategic distance from caffeine-containing beverages and liquor, which can cause drying out. Include natural products, vegetables, entire grains, and other high-fiber nourishments to your eating routine. Eat less high-fat nourishments, similar to meat, eggs, and cheddar. Eat prunes as well as grain oat. Keep a food journal and single out nourishments that constipate you. Get going, work out. Check how you sit on the can. Raising your feet, reclining, or crouching may make having a solid discharge simpler. Include an over-the-counter supplemental fiber to your eating regimen.

For more details, you may consult me.

I hope I have answered your query.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

|