Q. Why do I have to strain too much to pass stools?

Dr. Arup Majumdar
This is a premium question & answer published on May 28, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 06, 2020
Constipation, Small Stools or Feces, Hard To Poop. Straining but not too much.
#

Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com Your symptoms seem to be related to chronic constipation. Some recommendations to help relieve your constipation Drink two to four additional glasses of water a day. Maintain a strategic distance from caffeine-containing beverages and liquor, which can cause drying out. Include natural products, vegetables entire grains and other high-fiber nourishments to your eating routine. Eat less high-fat nourishments, similar to meat, eggs and cheddar. Eat prunes as well as grain oat. Keep a food journal and single out nourishments that constipate you. Get going, work out. Check how you sit on the can. Raising your feet, reclining or crouching may make having a solid discharge simpler. Include an over-the-counter supplemental fiber to your eating regimen. More details you may consult with me. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

| 

What could be the reason for hard and soft stool with body pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My stool is hard first and then it becomes soft. Otherwise, it is soft always. I pass stool once daily like other people, also I have no pain in the stomach. But due to soft stools, my legs and other body parts are always in pain. When I get up early in the morning I feel very tired due ...  Read Full »

Can constipation be related to high sugar levels?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 53-year-old female. I had gestational diabetes and 11 years later my sugar levels were high so started taking Glycomet. However, the fasting sugar level in the morning is always high and PP is less than fasting. Recent HbA1c is 6.9. Do I have to continue medicine? I walk daily ...  Read Full »

Is surgery necessary for anal fissure?

Query: i have pain while passing stool and also blood with it sum time spots and some time much more, and i have physical exam to a doctor, who said it is not piles, it is anal fissure then i ask whtat is this he said in simple words its a cut. he suggest me gtn 0.2% and brixin tab if there is no relief ...  Read Full »

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»

Ask a Family Physician Now