Q. Why am I having hard stools with ulcer inside my anus?

Dr. Ohams Henry
and medically reviewed by Dr. Dr. Divya Banu M
Published on Jun 07, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jul 03, 2019

I am 25 years old, boy, my height is 158 cm and weight is 61 kg. I am suffering from motion problem. My motion is not proper. It is getting too hard and timing is not proper I feel, something like ulcer is there inside of my anus. Please help me.

Dr. Ohams Henry

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

You feel pain when you use the toilet, and always hard. You need to take enough water, fruits and vegetables in your diet to soften your stool. You need a lot of fibres in your diet.

For the ulcer like symptom as if there is a wound in your anus, that may be making you to go to toilet for fear of pains after use of toilet, in turn it makes your stool get harder beause you do not go to toilet when you ought to. It is likely that you have anal fissure, which is responsible for the pains and in turn constipation is there steaks of blood too in the stool.

What you can do is take Liquid Paraffin 15 ml thrice daily, that will help soften your stool. Apply topical Lignocaine local anastesia on the anus to relieve pain. Do warm sitz bath. Put plenty of salt in warm water, add a disinfectant containing Chlorhexidine to it and sit on it. Do it thrice everyday, and after using the toilet. It will help to sooth the discomfort and relax the nerves around anus.

Can smoking cessation cause strained bowel movements?

Query: Hello doctor, My age is 39 years. I have quit smoking, cold turkey after smoking for almost 18 years. It is my 29th day of being smoke-free. Everything was going fine until last 7 to 10 days my bowel movement has been strainful. Few days I have seen very small sized hard stools and sometimes small ...  Read Full »

Are recurrent anal fissures dangerous?

Query: Hi doctor,I have recurrent anal fissures. When I consulted a doctor, he said the blood loss is very less. But, another doctor advised me to check for CBC. Is this a serious issue?  Read Full »

Can a small anal fissure be healed by medicine?

Query: Hello doctor,My father is suffering from a small anal fissure. Can it be healed by medicine?  Read Full »