Q. I am under treatment for anal fissure. If there is no relief in 10 days, will I need surgery?

Dr. Lalit Bansal
This is a premium question & answer published on May 12, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 23, 2020

i have pain while passing stool and also blood with it sum time spots and some time much more, and i have physical exam to a doctor, who said it is not piles, it is anal fissure then i ask whtat is this he said in simple words its a cut. he suggest me gtn 0.2% and brixin tab if there is no relief in 10 days there will be need of operate please suggest me

Dr. Lalit Bansal

General Surgery
#

hello I will definitely help u regarding your problem anal fissure is a cut in the anal pessage due to hard stools it may present with pain and bleeding in 99 percent cases surgery not required but proper medicines and prevention is necessary here I will advise you complete treatment only one gel and tablet will not help follow my treatment, you will get better in 5 days follow me after 5 days so I will modify your treatment

anal fissure

Sitz bath with betadine 2 times for 15 minutes
Syp Duphalac 4 tsp HS
ointment Diltigesic locally 3 times
Ointment Smuth locally 3 times
Tab Enzoflam 2 times daily
Tab Pantop DSR OD

plenty of water
avoid spicy and fatty foods
high fibre diet

5 days

| 

How can anal fissure be treated?

Query: Hello doctor,Six months ago, I faced anal fissure problem, which resolved through diet and medicine. One month ago due to constipation, bleeding started during the passing of stool. Now one inner hemorrhoid has protruded about 0.3 inches in size in the anal area. This creates pain for six hours afte...  Read Full »

What can cause blood in stools?

Query: Hi doctor, I am facing an embarrassing problem. Since last two weeks, I feel like going to the toilet more than once, while usually I do it only once in the morning. Also, I am a bit uncomfortable as all day it feels like I have not cleared my bowel activities for the day. Recently, about four days...  Read Full »

I am having itching and infected skin between anus and genital area. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have got some itching and infected skin in-between anus and genital area. It started more than a year ago near the anus and it is increasing its area slowly. White dry dead skin comes at the surface of the infected area when not lubricated. I thought it will heal in some time by app...  Read Full »

Ask a General Surgeon Now