Q. My eye looks dilated after using contact lens for 12 hours. What to do?

Dr. Zubair A. Shaikh
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 04, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 08, 2020

I used contact lens for more than 12 hours and also applied eye drops twice. During that time, my left eye had slight pain. But, I ignored it. Next morning, left eye looks dilated and off center. What to do?

#

• This means in simple language, that due to abuse of contact lens, your cornea has been injured. This could be serious.
  • I suggest you that immediately remove your lenses and abstain from using it for at least a week, till your eye heals and feels better.
  • You can start using an antibiotic steroid combination eye drops three times a day for a week.
  • Please remember that if you do not see some improvement in two days and then kindly consult an eye doctor.
  • Always keep in mind that, though contact lenses are an excellent alternative to eye glass, they also have the potential to harm the eye, if abused.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|