Corneal Abrasion

Why are my eyes sore after using contact lenses?

Query: Hi doctor, I accidentally put a daily contact for astigmatism in my eye, but I do not have astigmatism. I took it out right after because it really hurts. But, my eyeball is still sore. Could it have caused damage?  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This could be due to corneal irritation caused by ill-fitting of contact lens. Please do not worry. Discontinue contact lens and use lubricating eye drop frequently. It will resolve by tomorrow. If it persists, then consult a local ophthalmologi...  Read Full »

How to cure redness in eyes?

Query: My 4 yr old daughter had her right eye turned red a week ago. A blow up image taken by my phone showed a little like abrasion. Because of fear of COVID pandemic, I could not rich to a hospital. So, as a primary measure, I resorted on eyewash (REFRESH, sodium carboxymethylcellulose), thrice daily whi...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. Sorry to hear about your daughter's condition. I had a look at the two photos you sent. While I agree the first photo looked like a corneal abrasion, the second photo was too blurred to appreciate the bubble you mentioned. Ideally an abrasion even that large should hav...  Read Full »

Can vision loss occur due to corneal scarring?

Query: Hi I have only GENTEAL eyedrops that i have opened 3 months ago. I been instructed to use them for a mild corneal abrasion. Is it okay to use them? They are the only one's I have in hand. Can I instead use nothing at all? If i didnt lose vision at this point, can i lose vision from future sc...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing in. Sorry to hear about your predicament and I understand your concern. Any eye drop opened more than a month should be disposed off and not used beyond that period as possibility of contamination with bacteria or even fungus is possible. And given that you have been told y...  Read Full »

How to treat pain and swelling of eye due to forceful contact lens removal?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a senior female wearing eyeglasses which broke last week. So, I was forced to use my contact lenses daily since then. I had trouble removing the right-eye contacts last night since the eye was very dry. When the lens was finally removed, my right eye felt very sore and in tears, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Skandha Harshita

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and the photo of your eye (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Forceful removal of contact lens causes the surface to abrade. The bacteria can have access to the tissues through the abraded epithelium. Contact lens corneal...  Read Full »

Why is my vision blurred after an eye injury?

Query: Hi doctor, Two days back, I got a hit in my eye with a ball. Still, it is paining with blurred image. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After trauma with the ball, there could be many things that can cause blurring. It could be a simple eyelid swelling or small abrasion on the cornea, the front transparent surface of the eye. Other causes may be inflammation in the eye or blood inside the ey...  Read Full »

How long does it take for the corneal abrasion to heal completely?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 years old. I got scratch in my cornea (eye) due to nail, basically corneal abrasion. I have got this a month ago and got treated. Now it occurs again. What I should do?  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Shukla

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Corneal abrasion usually occurs due to a trivial or serious injury to the cornea. It should be treated immediately to avoid a more serious sight threatening complication like corneal ulcer.  Read Full »

Is medical attention necessary for eye pain and tears caused by UV light?

Query: Hello doctor, Last night I looked directly at a 55 watt germicidal UV-C light for less than one minute. In the middle of the night, I woke up with severe pain in the eyes and tears and light sensitivity. After one hour much of the pain went away, but I am still very sensitive to light. I went to an...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have sent, I can tell you that you are suffering from a condition called photophthalmia. Its manifestations include corneal abrasions, which are diagnosed with staining. Other manifestations are inflammation and swelling of your eyelids, conjunctiva and...  Read Full »

I got bleach in my eye. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I got some bleach splash into my eye after dropping it on the floor. I have already rinsed it for 30 minutes and it is red. But I do not have pain. It feels dry, and it is not lubricating after all the rinsing.  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bleach is an acidic solution, and it has harmful effects on the eye. The good thing you did that you rinsed it with water, but sometimes it causes abrasion of the cornea, because of which you have redness and dryness. It is important to show a...  Read Full »

Other than Erythromycin, what are the other treatment measures for corneal abrasion?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 12 years old. Today in school another student threw a gift card (credit card size) which got stuck in his eye. He immediately experienced some internal eye bleeding and diplopia. He saw the urgent care MD who put dye in his eye and diagnosed a corneal abrasion and prescribed...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am very sorry to hear that your son is injured. But, rest assured that such things are quite common and corneal abrasions usually heal in about five to seven days without any further harm. I suggest that you continue with the Erythromycin ointment and make sure tha...  Read Full »

What happens to the dust that enters the eye? Will it affect the eyesight in the future?

Query: Hi, What happens to the dust that enters the eye? Does it go into the eyeballs? Will it affect the eyesight in the future?  Read Full »

Dr. K K Agrawal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.   Usually when dust enters the eye, it does not "enter the eye" per se. It actually lodges onto the eye surface and causes irritation. Thus leading to pain, redness of eyes, and secretion of tears. There might be a slight disturbance in the vis...  Read Full »