Q. My vision is hazy with contact lens. Why?

Dr. Bandivadekar Pooja Mohan
This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 15, 2017 and last reviewed on: Aug 26, 2021

I am a contact lens and glass user. I had not worn my contacts for three days but changed the solution each day. I put my contacts on today and noticed that it looked like I saw a white haze. The weird thing about it has I only noticed it when an area is not well. I thought that it is because of the bright lighting. I do not see a white haze when I am wearing my glasses; just if I look up at a light, it looks hazy. I am experiencing the white haze more with my contacts lenses.

#

• There could be two reasons. The lenses may have micro scratches, and hence the blurring with contacts only.
  • Sometimes the cornea starves for oxygen on using lenses causing epithelial haze or punctate spots. This can lead to haze. This happens because of protein built up on the lens.
  • It would be ideal to change your pair. But before that, you can try using lubricating eye drops like Systane ultra (Propylene glycol).

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|