Q. Why do I have blurred vision while using contact lens?

Dr. Asif Manzoor
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 29, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 07, 2020

My eye power for the glass on the left eye is cyl - 0.75 with 10 axis and on the right eye is cyl - 2 with 170 axis. I am using contact lenses. But, I have a problem when I insert the lenses. I feel blurred vision in the left eye. I am using contact lens with power cyl - 1.75 with 170 axis of the left eye. Please get me a solution.

#

• Actually, with contact lenses this problem happens when there is a cylindrical power because axis should be correct.
  • In a cylindrical contact lens, there is a marker on it that should be at 6 o'clock. If a contact lens is rotated during applying, then it will cause problem.
  • If a cylindrical contact lens is rotated about 30 degrees, then the cylindrical effect becomes zero. It would be like you are not wearing contacts.
  • Your cylindrical in left is significantly 1.75, so slight change in angle will cause more problems.
  • Other problems for decreased vision could be a change in refraction, incorrect dispensed contact lens and improper fitting of contact lens that is too loose or tight.
  • I would suggest you to go to your eye doctor and get examined. Also, you can discuss all these in detail with your doctor.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|