Q. Other than specs, is there any option available to correct my cylindrical eye power?

Dr. Skandha Harshita

I have done an eye test recently, and I found that I need a cylindrical correction too. Earlier I used spectacles only with spherical correction. My test results show 6/18, -1.25 DC × 95, 6/6 and 6/9, -0.25/-0.75 × 75, 6/6. I would like to know whether my eye power is too weak. Is there any other way available to correct cylindrical power?

#

The cylinder power is low, and there is nothing to worry. As there is astigmatism, the glasses have to be worn at all times. You do not need to wear glasses if you do not have symptoms like eyestrain or a headache. But if you have eyestrain and headache, you need to wear glasses. The power is low, so surgical treatment is not necessary. Contact lenses work very well, but for astigmatism, there will be mild discomfort in contact lens users. For a cosmetic concern, contact lenses can be worn after a proper fit.

|