Q. Is there an alternative pill for Yasmin?

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 25, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 19, 2019

I am 25 years old. I am on Yasmin pill and my last pill was two days back. I had sex yesterday without condom. I am unable to get a Morning after pill as it is banned in our place. I can start Yasmin pill only after five days. I did not get my periods yet. Is there a possibility that I will become pregnant? If yes, are there any alternate pills that are available for preventing this as we had not planned for pregnancy yet? Thank you.

#

• Yasmin pills are contraceptive. Their effect will last till you get your period. So, do not worry. There is no need to take any other pill.
  • Please continue with the pills of a new pack when you get your period next. This pill free interval between two packs is also a safe period as long as you take pills regularly.

Hope this information has put your doubts to rest.

For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|