Q. Is there an alternative pill for Yasmin?

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 25, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 19, 2019

I am 25 years old. I am on Yasmin pill and my last pill was two days back. I had sex yesterday without condom. I am unable to get a Morning after pill as it is banned in our place. I can start Yasmin pill only after five days. I did not get my periods yet. Is there a possibility that I will become pregnant? If yes, are there any alternate pills that are available for preventing this as we had not planned for pregnancy yet? Thank you.

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Yasmin pills are contraceptive. Their effect will last till you get your period. So, do not worry. There is no need to take any other pill.
  • Please continue with the pills of a new pack when you get your period next. This pill free interval between two packs is also a safe period as long as you take pills regularly.

Hope this information has put your doubts to rest.

For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

I am having urine urgency after sexual intercourse. Please advice.

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18-year-old female. I recently had sex that was a bit more rough than normal. Everything seems fine, I have not had cramping, and my IUD seems to still be in place, and the strings are still fine. The IUD is not poking out of my cervix, and, again, it does not hurt or cramp. Thoug...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take oral contraceptive pill?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend had irregular periods and USG pelvis showed PCOD. So, she is taking COCP. In spite of taking the drug properly, she missed her period this month. Is anything wrong with her? What to do now? Does she need to continue the drug? Or should she stop it? I heard that COCP may caus...  Read Full »

Is it risky to have sexual intercourse with type 1 herpes patient?

Query: Hi doctor, I just recently started dating a man that informed me he has type 1 herpes. I want to know the risk factors and protective measures I can take if I choose to start a sexual relationship with him.  Read Full »