Q. Is there an alternative pill for Yasmin?

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 25, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 18, 2021

I am 25 years old. I am on the Yasmin pill, and my last pill was two days back. I had sex yesterday without a condom. I cannot get a morning-after pill as it is banned in our place. I could start the Yasmin pill only after five days. I did not get my periods yet. Is there a possibility that I will become pregnant? If yes, are there any alternate pills available for preventing this as we had not planned for pregnancy yet? Thank you.

#

Yasmin pills are contraceptives. Their effect will last till you get your period. So, do not worry. There is no need to take any other pill. Please continue with the pills of a new pack when you get your period next. This pill-free interval between two packs is also a safe period as long as you take pills regularly.

I hope this information has put your doubts to rest.

|