Q. Will taking contraceptive pill an hour before sex prevent pregnancy?

Answered by Dr. Eeshani Dutta and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Contraceptive Pill or Condoms? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I and my fiancee had intercourse a month back with a condom and also she had an emergency contraceptive pill. I bought it from a medical. They asked her to take it before one hour of intercourse. She had a regular period. Her last period was on 7th of last month but it is 11th of next month now and till now she did not get her periods. She does not want to get pregnant now as she has her exams in a few months. She is doing heavy exercise like cycling, spot jogging, sit ups. And also she has taken two raw papayas, four pineapples and three times ginger syrup. I am sure that condom did not get broken.

My doubts are will she get pregnant? Is there really a pill available to be taken before intercourse. Is that pill true? What she can do further to get her periods? Can she take Probers tablet for getting it?