Q. How to prevent pregnancy other than using condoms and pills?

Published on May 10, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am going to get married in four months. We want to know whether there is any other way to avoid pregnancy other than using condoms or taking pills. I have seen somewhere on the internet that if we do intercourse for some particular period, then pregnancy can be avoided. Is it true? If it is true, then what time it can be? My wife's period usually comes in the first fortnight, and always it is delayed by four to five days to the previous month. Another thing is that I wanted to ask whether there are any health implications for oral sex. What is the safest and least painful way for anal sex? Would sex toy be useful for making anal sex least painful? Please suggest.

Andrology Geriatrics Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Psychotherapy Sexology
#

• You are right in saying that there are other methods of birth control and called calendar method.
  • For a woman, who have 35 days cycle, between 15 to 27 day is unsafe. In case she has irregular periods, then it becomes very tricky. The calendar method is somewhat unsafe when compared to condom and works well in educated couples.
  • There are no implications for oral sex provided there is proper care of hygiene.
  • Regarding anal sex, there is no method which is called the best. It depends on the person and his or her needs.
  • Regarding the toy, vibrator helps most couples.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

| 

My pregnancy tests are repeatedly negative. Could I still be pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex on the 18th of last month. It was the sixth day of my periods. I had an I-pill six hours after having sex. It has been one month and 25 days. I did not get my periods. I am checking for pregnancy every week, and it shows negative. The last date I tested was on the...  Read Full »

What could be the tear in anus after anal sex?

Query: Hi doctor, I got married recently and tried anal sex. Because of it there is a small tear in her anus. This incident happened 3 weeks back. She does not have any pain while motion and also there is no blood or white mucus in the stool. But, she feels a flesh strand (like thread) at her anus opening...  Read Full »

My period is due in three days. Is there still a chance I can get pregnant?

Query: Hello doctor,Today I had unprotected sex with my partner. In just three days my period is due. He pulled out and I am sure he did not come inside me. Is there still a chance I can get pregnant? Please help.  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now