Q. How to prevent pregnancy other than using condoms and pills?

This is a premium question & answer published on May 10, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 27, 2020

I am going to get married in four months. We want to know whether there is any other way to avoid pregnancy other than using condoms or taking pills. I have seen somewhere on the internet that if we do intercourse for some particular period, then pregnancy can be avoided. Is it true? If it is true, then what time it can be? My wife's period usually comes in the first fortnight, and always it is delayed by four to five days to the previous month. Another thing is that I wanted to ask whether there are any health implications for oral sex. What is the safest and least painful way for anal sex? Would sex toy be useful for making anal sex least painful? Please suggest.

#

• You are right in saying that there are other methods of birth control and called calendar method.
  • For a woman, who have 35 days cycle, between 15 to 27 day is unsafe. In case she has irregular periods, then it becomes very tricky. The calendar method is somewhat unsafe when compared to condom and works well in educated couples.
  • There are no implications for oral sex provided there is proper care of hygiene.
  • Regarding anal sex, there is no method which is called the best. It depends on the person and his or her needs.
  • Regarding the toy, vibrator helps most couples.

For further information consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|