Q. The corns in between my fingers hurt too much. Please suggest the treatment.

Dr. Raghu
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

There are corns in between my right leg's first finger and second finger. It hurts too much, and please suggest me treatment.

Do you have a question on Corn or Specialized Footwear?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Raghu

MBBS., MS (GENERAL SURGERY)., MCH(SURGICAL ONCOLOGY)., MRCS
General Surgery Surgical Oncology

Corns can be painful by themselves, but more so if they are infected. Try to do the following measures:

1. Use padded footwear at home and outside, use silicon feet pads inside shoes.

2. Try corn caps which are like band-aids. Leave each one on for as long as they stick, which is usually for a week or so. Slowly over three to four weeks, the corn will soften and fall off.

3. You can take tablet Combiflam (Paracetamol, Ibuprofen) if the pain is severe as and when required after consuming food.

4. Use warm compresses over the corn in severe pain.

If the above measures do not work, the corn may be infected, and you may require antibiotics. If pus has collected in it, it needs to be drained. So if there is no improvement, kindly consult a general surgeon.

Why am I getting pain at the back of my calcaneus bone?
Query: Hi doctor, I feel some pain at the back of my calcaneus bone. The pain is especially after the first step in the morning when I wake up from bed. But, there is no¬†redness or swelling. What is the reason for my pain?  Read Full >>
Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history of pain on the first step in the morning is consistent with a condition called as plantar fasciitis whereas pain in the back or posterior aspect of the heel is seen in retrocalcaneal bursitis. Can you please specify the exact position of pain with the imag...  Read Full

Are corneal thickness and stromal thickness the same?
Query: Hi doctor, What is corneal stromal thickness? I got LASIK done. I got pentacam and my cornea thickness is 465 microns. Is it same as corneal stromal thickness? Please explain me.  Read Full >>
Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Corneal thickness is not same as stromal thickness. The cornea has got five layers like epithelium, Bowman's layer, stroma, Descemet's layer and endothelium. Stroma is the thickest layer of the cornea. Now, when we plan LASIK rule it should have least 500 micron of cornea...  Read Full

I have pain in the sole of both the feet. Please help.
Query: Hello doctor, I have been feeling pain in the sole of both the foot (in the ball area). Probably, this is because I did boxing with no shoes and after that, every time I step on hard surfaces or uneven surfaces there is excruciating pain in my third and fourth toe. I thought they were calluses so I...  Read Full >>
Dr. Anuj Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is known as corn and it usually happens after repeated pressure at the same point. You can use either corn tape or Salicylic acid paint over it. you need to apply it daily and that extra skin will peel off daily. The only problem with this is the recurrence. If it ...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now