Q. The corns in between my fingers hurt too much. Please suggest the treatment.

Dr. Raghu
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 11, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 14, 2019

There are corns in between my right leg's first finger and second finger. It hurts too much, and please suggest me treatment.

Dr. Raghu

General Surgery Surgical Oncology
#

Corns can be painful by themselves, but more so if they are infected. Try to do the following measures:

1. Use padded footwear at home and outside, use silicon feet pads inside shoes.

2. Try corn caps which are like band-aids. Leave each one on for as long as they stick, which is usually for a week or so. Slowly over three to four weeks, the corn will soften and fall off.

3. You can take tablet Combiflam (Paracetamol, Ibuprofen) if the pain is severe as and when required after consuming food.

4. Use warm compresses over the corn in severe pain.

If the above measures do not work, the corn may be infected, and you may require antibiotics. If pus has collected in it, it needs to be drained. So if there is no improvement, kindly consult a general surgeon.

| 

Why am I getting pain at the back of my calcaneus bone?

Query: Hi doctor, I feel some pain at the back of my calcaneus bone. The pain is especially after the first step in the morning when I wake up from bed. But, there is no redness or swelling. What is the reason for my pain?  Read Full »

Are corneal thickness and stromal thickness the same?

Query: Hi doctor, What is corneal stromal thickness? I got LASIK done. I got pentacam and my cornea thickness is 465 microns. Is it same as corneal stromal thickness? Please explain me.  Read Full »

I have pain in the sole of both the feet. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been feeling pain in the sole of both the foot (in the ball area). Probably, this is because I did boxing with no shoes and after that, every time I step on hard surfaces or uneven surfaces there is excruciating pain in my third and fourth toe. I thought they were calluses so I...  Read Full »

Ask a Surgical Oncologist Now