Q. The color of my glans changed to white after I used cortisone cream. Why?

Dr. Raveendran Sr

I am a 28-year-old with 60 kg, and 1.79 cm. My problem started as red skin on my glans, and the dermatologist told me to use Cortisone cream for two weeks, after that, my penis as had an inflammation, because I used Cortisone cream on my glans. (Now the inflammation is finished) but my glans is white, and my glans circle is purple and thickened, what can I do?

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Andrology Diabetology Sexology
#

I checked your image (attachment removed to protect patient identity) if you have itching need to think of fungal infection. If no itching it can be PPP (pearly penile papules). Please share a clear image as it is blurred.

1. Do you have pain?

2. Did you have recent unprotected sex?

3. Do you feel any odor?

| 

I do not have pain, itching, and I do not have unprotected sex, this happens when I used Cortisone cream. I do not know why I send you another picture.

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Andrology Diabetology Sexology
#

If no pain or itching, we can wait to heal itself. If it is PPP, there is no specific cure except surgical method. Even it PPP we can wait since it is noninfecting and painless.

| 

I have this problem for the past nine months, is possible that it heal itself? I have sent you a new picture.

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Andrology Diabetology Sexology
#

It is pearly penile papules PPP (attachment removed to protect patient identity) it is noninfectious, it is not contagious. Few people get it usually, and it is not alarming. Only reason patient worries because of a cosmetic issue. Surgical, and laser method are available for removal of papules.

| 

Autologous Serum Therapy - a Newer Approach in Management of Chronic Urticaria

Article Overview: Here, I have discussed about the mechanism of action and procedure details of autologous serum therapy. Read Article

Allergy Specialist

The treatment of choice for chronic urticaria is the first generation antihistamines at a maximal dose before restoring to corticosteroids or Cyclosporine. To avoid the various side effects of steroids and expensiveness of Cyclosporine, there is a method with no side effects and cheap to prepare, kn...  Read Article

Will long time steroid use for RA prevent me from having children?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old male. I have been diagnosed with RA. And another rheumatologist told me I do not have enough symptoms for RA. However, I have been using Methylprednisolone 4 mg for almost four years every day. And this helps me completely get rid of any problems. If I do not take i...  Read Full »

Is hirsuties coronae glandis a contagious one?

Query: Hi doctor, There are a few little things around my glans. I think I have hirsuties coronae glandis. What can I do about it? Is it contagious? Please explain.  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now