Q. The color of my glans changed to white after I used cortisone cream. Why?

Dr. Raveendran Sr
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Sep 26, 2019

I am a 28-year-old with 60 kg, and 1.79 cm. My problem started as red skin on my glans, and the dermatologist told me to use Cortisone cream for two weeks, after that, my penis as had an inflammation, because I used Cortisone cream on my glans. (Now the inflammation is finished) but my glans is white, and my glans circle is purple and thickened, what can I do?

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Andrology Diabetology Sexology
#

I checked your image (attachment removed to protect patient identity) if you have itching need to think of fungal infection. If no itching it can be PPP (pearly penile papules). Please share a clear image as it is blurred.

1. Do you have pain?

2. Did you have recent unprotected sex?

3. Do you feel any odor?

I do not have pain, itching, and I do not have unprotected sex, this happens when I used Cortisone cream. I do not know why I send you another picture.

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Andrology Diabetology Sexology
#

If no pain or itching, we can wait to heal itself. If it is PPP, there is no specific cure except surgical method. Even it PPP we can wait since it is noninfecting and painless.

I have this problem for the past nine months, is possible that it heal itself? I have sent you a new picture.

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Andrology Diabetology Sexology
#

It is pearly penile papules PPP (attachment removed to protect patient identity) it is noninfectious, it is not contagious. Few people get it usually, and it is not alarming. Only reason patient worries because of a cosmetic issue. Surgical, and laser method are available for removal of papules.

Is hirsuties coronae glandis a contagious one?

Query: Hi doctor, There are a few little things around my glans. I think I have hirsuties coronae glandis. What can I do about it? Is it contagious? Please explain.  Read Full >>

Dr. Gopinath
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hirsuties coronae glandis (pearly penile papule) are normal findings in men. Kindly confirm it with a urologist or venereologist after a proper physical evaluation.  It is not contagious. If you are too concerned about it, then the treatment option is CO2 laser ablation...  Read Full

Autologous Serum Therapy - a Newer Approach in Management of Chronic Urticaria

Article Overview: Here, I have discussed about the mechanism of action and procedure details of autologous serum therapy. Read Article

Allergy Specialist

The treatment of choice for chronic urticaria is the first generation antihistamines at a maximal dose before restoring to corticosteroids or Cyclosporine. To avoid the various side effects of steroids and expensiveness of Cyclosporine, there is a method with no side effects and cheap to prepare, kn...  Read Article

How long does cortisone stay in the body?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 53 year old female. I have had a cortisone injection for a flare up of adult-onset Still's disease. I would like to know, how long the cortisone stays in the system?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Cortisone has a short half-life and is cleared from the system within 4 to 6 hours. That is why it is given three times a day.Hope this helps you and get back if you have any doubts.For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www....  Read Full

Ask a Sexologist Now