Q. Should I take Paracetamol if my forehead feels warm on touching even though the thermometer shows average body temperature?

Dr. Basuki Nath Bhagat
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 25, 2022 and last reviewed on: Jun 27, 2022

I was found COVID-19 positive through the RT-PCR test with a CT value of 23.48. I am in home quarantine in my company's occupational health center. I have a cough, and sometimes I feel my forehead is warm, but the thermometer reflects a reading of 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit when checked by placing it in the armpit. The nurse has recommended the following medicines:

1) Tablet Okacet-L.

2) Tablet Doxycycline and lactic acid bacillus capsules.

3) Mucinac 600 mg tablets.

4) Vitamin C tablets.

5) Zincovit tablets.

6) Dolo 650 mg only to be taken when the fever comes.

I am doubtful whether I should take it or not as my forehead seems warm, but the thermometer shows a temperature of 98.6 degrees Fahrenheit.

#

I read your query and I am sorry for the COVID-19 positive test results.

Your body temperature, according to the thermometer, is normal. However, if you have an associated body ache, you can take a tablet of Paracetamol once a day accordingly. You can do water sponging also over the forehead but avoid it if you get chills. Continue taking rest and medicine as prescribed to you. Take a pulse oximeter reading three times a day. Watch for other symptoms which need the medical attention of a doctor. Maintain adequate hydration, avoid cold food or water, and take adequate rest. Keep yourself covered with a mask and be in a well-ventilated room. Maintain other COVID-19 appropriate behavior. Follow up if necessary for further guidance.

|