Q. I have a cracked tooth and it hurts me a lot. What can I do to get relief?

Dr. K Shobana

I have a cracked tooth. It hurts me a lot for a week. Now, I can eat only on one side of the mouth. What can I do to get relief?

#

Please say about the location of the cracked tooth. Please mention whether it is present in the front tooth or back tooth. If there is a pain, you can take Amoxycillin two tablets one at morning and night. You can also take Aceclopara (Aceclofenac with Paracetamol) for the pain along with it. You can take tablet Rantac before breakfast and dinner. If the crack is present in a front tooth or back tooth, consider going to the dentist to examine the condition.

If it is present in a front tooth, you can treat it by bonding and root canal treatment can also be done. A crown can be placed over it for esthetic purpose. You can go for an implant also. If it is present in a back tooth, you can do a root canal treatment, and it can be managed by placing a crown over it. If the crack is too difficult to be handled by root canal treatment, then it can be extracted.

|