Composite Dental Filling

Can a decayed tooth be saved?

Query: Hi doctor,I am dealing with a big problem. Over the years my teeth have been slowly decaying. I was not big on brushing and now my molars are completely messed up. One of them is basically gone with a very dark color hole in it. The other molar is slowly getting to that point and it is about halfway...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The one grossly decayed tooth can be saved if you ask your dentist to do root canal treatment on it. Root canal treatment followed by a metal post in it and ceramic crown over it will help in saving the tooth. If you cannot afford the treatment, then the only solution ...  Read Full »

Should I get a filling when a small part of composite restoration is chipped off?

Query: Hello doctor, If a tooth with a little bit of a composite filling that is chipped off at the edge should it be replaced? It is on a molar tooth and does not hurt. The dental explorer does stick in there but no signs of decay on the X-ray. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Ummah Mohammad

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As there is no sign of decay, so you need not worry for now. But be extra careful with that tooth, you should maintain good oral hygiene, clean full mouth with fingers after every meal, there should be no food lodgement in your tooth. Rinse mouth properly after every...  Read Full »

Can my tooth cavity be cured by filling?

Query: Hi doctor, I got my dental checkup done recently. A small cavity was observed on the side of my tooth between 2 teeth. I am attaching a photo of x-ray. Please check second upper tooth from left in the x-ray. Also let me know, if this can be cured by filling?  Read Full »

Dr. Nivedita Dalmia

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I checked the x-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity) Yes, this can be cured by restoration.  Read Full »

How can a gap between teeth be adjusted after cap placement?

Query: Hello doctor, I just recently had an RCT and crown placed on the upper front tooth. Now, there is a gap between my two front teeth. Can the crown be adjusted now?  Read Full »

Dr. Vijeta Singh

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After capping, it is very difficult to adjust the crown because it may lead to misalignment of the crown with respect to occlusion. There is another method by which you can close the gap between tooth like composite filling between tooth leaving the cervical area or ...  Read Full »

Is composite dental bonding durable?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to ask whether composite dental bonding is durable or if I bite a mutton stew or chicken leg piece, it will come out? Is it for a lifetime? If it dismantles anyway, is it freely replaceable or I need to pay again? Also, I have heard that laser treatment leads to early fall of a...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question. I can understand your concern. Yes, you can eat whatever you want to eat, there is no issue of chewing. Make sure you do not eat any hard substance for the first 24 hours. After that, you can eat mutton or chicken anytime. Better is to ...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for midline space between upper front teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, My upper and lower jaw teeth are misaligned. There is 8mm of midline space in the upper front teeth. What will be the probable treatment for this?  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It would have been better if you had mentioned your age. For an exact diagnosis and treatment plan, attach a more detailed history and an intraoral picture of your mouth. If you have 8mm of midline diastema (space between the teeth), you usually require orthodontic ...  Read Full »

Can I use whitening toothpaste for the yellow stains in my teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I have yellow stains in my teeth. I feel very bad before others.¬†This problem has been there since childhood. I have attached the pictures of my stained teeth. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a permanent discoloration which cannot be removed by normal means like dental scaling. It needs a treatment called lamineering of the front 4 or 6 teeth as required. In...  Read Full »

What can be done to correct the gap between two front teeth?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to know what can be done to get my teeth in proper alignment as there is a gap between two teeth.  Read Full »

Dr. Himayoon Majeed Mir

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have been through your query and I can understand your concern. If you have a gap between the front teeth only, then the condition is called as midline diastema. It can be treated orthodontically as well as with conservative management (operative dentistry). In o...  Read Full »

How can I fix the tooth sharpness after dental bonding?

Query: Hello doctor, I am not satisfied with dental bonding done on the front left tooth. Enamel was removed to make room for the composite resin and the enamel is now too thin and feels sharp to the tongue's touch because of this. Shape and feel is not consistent with the natural front right tooth. Is th...  Read Full »

Dr. Osman Adam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your query, I believe it will be easy to solve that problem you have, just a little bit of enamel sharpness or roughness can usually come from a previous bonded composite filling done especially at anterior teeth. So at that time, you should go to a cosmeti...  Read Full »

My front tooth got chipped away. What to do immediately?

Query: Hi doctor, My front tooth got chipped away before two days. I am so nervous about it. How to recover my tooth?  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. It depends upon the vitality of the tooth. If your tooth is vital and if there is no associated pain, then it can be restored with a simple composite filling. In case, if there is a loss of vitality, you can treat it by a root canal treatm...  Read Full »