Cracked Tooth

What could cause undetectable throbbing pain in tooth or gums with sleep disturbance?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I am suffering from a tooth or gum infection. My left upper jaw started to hurt last month. It felt like it was one of the teeth at the end of the left upper jaw. I checked for cavities but nothing was visible. The pain stopped after a few days but I have been suffering from...  Read Full »

Dr. Kaushik Arya

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on the information you have provided, it looks like you might be suffering from a dental infection due to severe dental decay causing inflammation of the dental pulp. Since the decay is not visible directly, it might be between two teeth or perhaps your upper...  Read Full »

I have excruciating pain and swelling in my cracked tooth. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a cracked tooth which I believe needs a root canal and a crown that I think went bad. I am in excruciating pain. I have been to emergency rooms they have given me Clindamycin and Vicodin for pain but it barely touches the pain. I have been on antibiotics for two days. I thought...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your complaint and relevant details. You have mentioned you got a swelling. I just want to make sure if the swelling is confined close to the tooth or is it spreading? The severe pain along with fever and swelling confirms that the infection has gone bad. Clind...  Read Full »

I have tooth pain, but my X-ray showed nothing. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having tooth pain for about six weeks. It is only when pressure is applied when I eat. No sensitivity to cold or hot. I went to the dentist and he took X-rays and compared them to routine X-rays taken a couple of months prior. He said the two sets were the same and saw no ...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, there is no pulp cavity exposure or even if there is a crack that will not cause the pain. The reason I think is the filling, which may be high (high point). The second reason may be a periodontal problem. I do not think RCT (root canal treatment) ...  Read Full »

I had a tooth removed and I feel the nearby tooth is going to fall or crack. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a tooth removed a while back, and the tooth next to it feels lower down, and I get toothache every so often my dentist said there is nothing wrong, but I feel it is going to fall out or crack and I have pain when I bite down. I cannot eat the rest off my teeth without really biti...  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There might be following conditions involved in your case, 1. The tooth you got extracted would be a bit higher and functioning before extraction, that would be used in your bite and the second tooth would be malaligned and a bit lower in height. Once it got extract...  Read Full »

I fell and cracked my fron tooth. The crack is not evident, but the tooth is sensitive. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor,Three days ago, I fell on my face and cracked my right front tooth right in the middle, horizontally. You cannot see the crack with your bare eyes, but if you shine a light from the back of my tooth, you will see it correctly. It goes from the right to the left, and it stops two millime...  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Laxminarayan Iyer

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is one of the most common complaints in routine dental practice. The fracture (hairline crack) might be only in the superficial structure (more likely in enamel than in dentin) of the tooth and not in the pulp (since it does not hurt). It requires minimal attentio...  Read Full »

What treatment should I get for a cracked tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a cracked tooth. It hurts me a lot for a week. Now, I can eat only on one side of the mouth. What can I do to get relief?  Read Full »

Dr. K Shobana

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please say about the location of the cracked tooth. Please mention whether it is present in the front tooth or back tooth. If there is a pain, you can take Amoxycillin two tablets one at morning and night. You can also take Aceclopara (Aceclofenac with Paracetamol) for ...  Read Full »

I have severe pain due to abscess in cracked tooth. What has to be done?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a cracked tooth that developed an abscess under it. It took two weeks to wait for the endodontist appointment, so I started taking an antibiotic when the abscess started to grow. Finally had my appointment today and the endodontist is keeping me on the antibiotic one more week, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Antibiotics for the abscess is always not the first choice to do actually. Moreover, you had mentioned that it is a cracked tooth. I wonder how deep is the crack so that it fits the criteria for root canal treatment. With all these kept in mind, I guess your endodontist...  Read Full »