Q. I am pregnant and have cramping for more than three weeks. Why?

Dr. Manisha Raghunath Auradkar

I am a 22-year-old female, have cramping for more than three weeks, my pregnancy test came positive and I am not taking any medications. Please help.

#

I understand your concern.

The cramps might or might not be related to your pregnancy.

I suggest getting an ultrasound of the whole abdomen. It is the next best thing you should do. The pain can be due to different reasons. It is necessary to look for ectopic pregnancy. Apart from that, sometimes cysts in the ovaries, stones in the kidney or gall bladder are also causes of abdominal cramps. So an ultrasound of the whole abdomen is necessary to understand exactly which organ is affected. Then consult a physician or your gynecologist with the scan results. After a careful physical examination and taking a medical history, she will guide you with appropriate management depending on the cause.

Hope this helps.

Feel free to contact me for any further queries in the future.

|