Q. Why am I having leg cramps after taking a gluten-free diet?

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 05, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am having leg cramps, especially after taking lunch. I am on a gluten-free diet because of irritable bowel syndrome. This gluten-free diet helped cure my loose motion.

#

1. Muscular spasms.
  2. Least physical activity.
  3. Hemoglobin and other constituents of blood not in the normal range.
  4. If the blood supply to muscles is interrupted for a short time.
  5. Fluid and electrolytes imbalance.
  6. Calcium and vitamin D levels are very important.
  7. Dietary deficiencies, like proteins, micronutrients, and macronutrients.
  8. Longstanding diarrhea.
  • All of this situation warrants a quick visit to your primary care physician. He or she will go for proper evaluation and investigations and treat your problem accordingly. Leg cramps have nothing to do with gluten-free diet. It has a relation with cramps, and that is, gluten-free diet reduces the abdominal cramps, bloating, and excessive gas production.

Hope it helps. Please feel free to ask more queries if there are any doubts. I would be happy to assist.

For more information consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|