Q. Can I get removable palate expander for crossbite?

Dr. Geethanjali. S. S
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 01, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 07, 2021

I have a crossbite problem. I would like to cure it. What should I do? I have read about removable palate expander. Can it be the solution for my problem?

#

• Crossbite can occur in the front teeth as well as back teeth or even sometimes due to variation in the jaw development. Also, the severity of cross bite that is, the number of teeth involved depends on the success of the treatment.
  • Only a removable appliance could not be expected to bring amazing results. Braces treatment combined with removable appliance would be the best.
  • Palatal expansion is done only at growing stages, which is before 18 years usually. Hence, an orthodontist consultation will give you a detailed treatment planning to correct the crossbite.
  • Even though the braces treatment takes up to one year, the results are more reliable and successful in the long run.
  • Therefore, I advise you to visit your nearby orthodontist (braces specialist) and analyse if you got teeth or jaw discrepancy and go ahead with the treatment.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|