Q. What is your opinion about my teeth alignment?

Dr. Prerna Jain
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 24, 2020

I have attached my crossbite image. I would like to know about the treatment or brace that is suitable for me. What is your opinion about alignment? Can Invisible alignment treatment correct my problem? Please explain.

#

• You have one upper anterior tooth in crossbite with the lower anterior tooth (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
  • There seems to be sufficient space to bring the tooth in line with the other teeth. To do so, we must disocclude or raise your bite. This will allow the tooth in crossbite to come forward without any interference with the lower tooth.
  • Invisalign may take a much longer than necessary. This type of correction is difficult with Invisalign alone.
  • You also seem to have a tooth missing in your lower back region. Looking at the complete set of pictures and x-rays we can advise a complete treatment plan if interested.

OPG (orthopantomogram) and
lateral cephalogram for complete treatment plan.

Anterior crossbite.

Revert back with the reports to an orthodontist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthodontist

| 

After Invisalign treatment, should I have to wear retainers 12 hours a day?

Query: Hi doctor, I finished my Invisalign treatment and received retainers that look like Invisalign trays. But it is thicker. I am wearing them for the second day. I am wearing it for about 12 hours a day. But I am noticing pain on my teeth now, and they are tight on my teeth. Should I have to wear them...  Read Full »

Can braces for deep bite change face profile?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a 1 to 2 mm deep bite, which is mild. If I get braces and my wisdom teeth out, then my lower facial profile will improve. Will it change my face from round to something else? My jawline looks very awkward. My jawline almost slants before it hits the actual change of direction point...  Read Full »

How should I get the impacted upper canine pulled down to its position?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a confusion on pulling down an impacted left upper canine. One doctor said we can pull down left upper canine using bracket and braces other said no because roots are not yet formed.  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask an Orthodontist Now